Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm nice find..might look into this myself... BlackBerry Curve forum

kr00k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241ACA56

Re: bluetooth gps

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmm nice find..might look into this myself

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

This maybe a dumb question but can you use a bluetooth headset and be talking WHILE you use a bluetooth GPS puck to track location/maps?

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

i've seen headsets which can pair with two devices simultaneously. Dont think the BB can do that.

here is one http://www.jabra.com/sites/Jabra/GNI..._EM_EN_305.jpg

err who sleeps with their earpeice. How busy can your hands be
    Last edited by kentrg; 10-19-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks for that but I thought the gps puck communicated via bluetooth to the bb and the headset communicated via bluetooth to the bb. I did not think the bluetooth headset communicated via bluetooth with the puck.

My question is can you have the following going on simultaneously?:

Headset ------> <------- Blackberry Curve ------><------- GPS Puck

bkeaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler
    Thanks for that but I thought the gps puck communicated via bluetooth to the bb and the headset communicated via bluetooth to the bb. I did not think the bluetooth headset communicated via bluetooth with the puck.

My question is can you have the following going on simultaneously?:

Headset ------> <------- Blackberry Curve ------><------- GPS Puck
    I got a puck (Holux M1000) this week and it works great. I can use my bluetooth headset and my bluetooth puck at the same time with no problems.

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

I can use my bluetooth headset and my bluetooth puck at the same time with no problems.
    sweet didnt know that!

Thanks Bkeaver!

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Just got my Holux M1200 this weekend! I only took it around locally but it's been working pretty well so far. On a cold start it takes about 30 seconds before it gets the signal, other times (warm starts) it takes a few seconds if that. Haven't had a problem with signal loss when I took it out. Walked around the block with it while staring at Google Maps and it tracked me just fine. Driving with it while hanging on my keychain worked fine too. Size is pretty small, thicker than a USB stick but the height and width are about the same. Fits on the keychain and I plan on leaving it there. No problem with pairing to the 8320 at all. Took maybe 2ish hours to charge fully via mini-USB to my PC.

It worked well with Blackberry Maps and Google Maps. Couldn't get it to work with InfoSpace though, there were no GPS options available at all, which is kind of a bummer since I really liked that app. Anybody have any ideas if InfoSpace works with GPS pucks at all? Any other recommendations on apps similar to InfoSpace? I tried AmazeGPS but it doesn't cover my area. Couldn't install Microsoft's Live Search, I keep getting an install error.

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks Sky for the review.

does it work well while in your pocket, or do you need to take it out?

thanks.

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow
    Thanks Sky for the review.

does it work well while in your pocket, or do you need to take it out?

thanks.
    It worked pretty well while in my pocket too, sorry forgot to add that.

sansaman no está en línea Stack level 2
    The m1200 constantly loses bluetooth connection with my curve 8300 and apparently a lot of other people are too. It seems to be a problem with the bluetooth stack in the OS 4.2. Hold off on buying the m1200 until there is testing done on the 4.5 OS if the bluetooth is stronger and will not disconnect from the 1200. It will work with google maps.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Someone asked earlier and I'll ask again (for us GPS noobs):

If you get one of these pucks, what (besides the puck) are the costs associated with using GPS? Do you need to subscribe to a service then?

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere on this or can someone outline it here for those of us interested?

Thanks in advance,
    Roger

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Someone asked earlier and I'll ask again (for us GPS noobs):

If you get one of these pucks, what (besides the puck) are the costs associated with using GPS? Do you need to subscribe to a service then?

Is there a tutorial out there somewhere on this or can someone outline it here for those of us interested?

Thanks in advance,
    Roger
    If you do get a receiver then all you need is a data plan and find a program that uses GPS. Depending on what type of program you're looking for it may cost you. Google maps is free, along with Nav4all which has turn by turn directions. Others require a subscriptuion. Hope that helps roger.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks for the reply, Red.

I have the 8310 with unlimited data (thru AT&&T) and the 8310 comes with built-in GPS, does it not?

So in reality, if I use one of the apps you mentioned (Google Maps or Nav4all) there really is no cost involved at all, correct?

Thanks again,
    Roger

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Red.

I have the 8310 with unlimited data (thru AT&&T) and the 8310 comes with built-in GPS, does it not?

So in reality, if I use one of the apps you mentioned (Google Maps or Nav4all) there really is no cost involved at all, correct?

Thanks again,
    Roger
    Roger that!

Yes, you are correct. as long as u have unlim data and are using a free (non-subscription) program like google maps, nav4all, bbmaps, etc. you are fine!

u have to pay subscription fees for some programs like telenav, mapquest navigator,etc. so i would stick to free programs (google maps works great and so do bbmaps, nav4all)!

and yea, 8310 comes with an in-built gps, so just unlim data is enough along with those free programs! if u r using a 8300, then u need external bluetooth gps receiver.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast