Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ok so im thinking about adding gps to my curve. i want to buy a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

pabloescobar no está en línea Stack level 2

bluetooth gps

Advertisement

ok so im thinking about adding gps to my curve. i want to buy a puck and they seem to renge from $29(http://www.buygpsnow.com/GlobalSat-B...328)__916.aspx) to $175!!

my questions is what are the differences between models? what are features that i will need or want?
    what am i sacrificing by buying the cheaper model vs the expensive one? will it work fine with my 8320? what nav programs do you recomend? thnx in advance!

amigo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32C401AE

Re: bluetooth gps

Holux is a reliable brand. Also, you can't go wrong with Garmin. I recommend one with tracking 32 satellites.

vinniet no está en línea Stack level 2

That is a pretty cheap GPS. For the money it might be worth it to try it.

I have a PalmOne GPS that I use with my Palm running TomTom. It is made by Holux and Palm puts there name on it. It works perfectly with my Curve.

Sky Zero no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241C349C

I just bought a Holux M1200 from buygpsnow for about 59, waiting for it to be shipped. Heard good things about it and its pretty small. Supposedly you can use it when walking too (ones shipped before may 2007 had a firmware problem that prevented this), so I plan to keep it on my keychain with me.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

I bought a cheap bluetooth gps puck, about 30-40 bucks and it works great!

mgabel24 no está en línea Stack level 1

I bought the freedom mini. Works great and the best part about it is it's size. I have it connected to my key therefore I have it with me at all times. I think I paid around $90-100 but I was wanting something that I would always have with me! It looks like on there website they have raised the price but if you email ask for a deal they may work with you.

It can be found on Freedom Input's website.

PIN/ID

Thumbs up Re: bluetooth gps

Quote Originally Posted by pabloescobar
    ok so im thinking about adding gps to my curve. i want to buy a puck and they seem to renge from $29(http://www.buygpsnow.com/GlobalSat-BT-328-SiRF-GSC2-High-Performance-Bluetooth-GPS-(BT-328)__916.aspx) to $175!!

my questions is what are the differences between models? what are features that i will need or want?
    what am i sacrificing by buying the cheaper model vs the expensive one? will it work fine with my 8320? what nav programs do you recommend? thnx in advance!
    Thats a great find, I bought one. I have been considering visiontac but they are at least twice as expensive, i just need something that captures satellite signal and communicate with my curve via BT. This GlobalSat BT 328 SiRF seems to fit the bill for me. You got a + from me

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Zero
    I just bought a Holux M1200 from buygpsnow for about 59, waiting for it to be shipped. Heard good things about it and its pretty small. Supposedly you can use it when walking too (ones shipped before may 2007 had a firmware problem that prevented this), so I plan to keep it on my keychain with me.
    Hello Sky Zero,

I have been considering the M1200 also. When you get it, can you write a review on it. My biggest concern is how big/bulky it is, does it make a good keychain. Also the reception of the signal while it is in your pocket while walking and driving.

if you would even take pictures of it next to some common items, that would be great!

Thanks

PIN/ID
    241C349C

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow
    Hello Sky Zero,

I have been considering the M1200 also. When you get it, can you write a review on it. My biggest concern is how big/bulky it is, does it make a good keychain. Also the reception of the signal while it is in your pocket while walking and driving.

if you would even take pictures of it next to some common items, that would be great!

Thanks
    Sure thing, I'd be glad to!

Edit: I found a pic of it on another site compared to a USB key.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

I wrote a review in the review section on the Garmin Mobile XT and love it.

canadian2910 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24058c07

This may sound like a daft question, but aside from the cost of the GPS puck, what are the costs for running the differing programs associated with these. (ie: I believe Telenav costs $9.95/month)

Garmin XT Mobile, Holux, etc ........

Do they have their own maps you need to access or are they compatible with Telenav???

Just very curious.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
    Steve G
    loving the 8300 Curve and Vaja Olive leather case .............

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

sky im also considering m1200 for my curve. are you happy with its performance.
    Hows the signal etc

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

errrr i read on another forum that m1200 wont work with google maps.. is this true

PIN/ID
    241C349C

I haven't received it yet kentrg. It just shipped today so I probably won't get it till next week. On the forums I've read, it seemed that Google Maps worked fine with the m1200. Guess we'll see when it comes in. *crosses fingers* lol!

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I've ordered one too guess will both find out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast