Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How do I add the file transfer possibility through Bluethooth to my 8320? is this ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wjv144 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bluetooth file transfer

Advertisement

How do I add the file transfer possibility through Bluethooth to my 8320?

is this a change in policy, to be done by my admin or can I (normal user) do this myself?

thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Walter

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Bluetooth file transfer

ur device shud be first discoverable over the bluetooth...u can see this option in set up bluetooth connections or manage network connections...

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Press the Bluetooth icon. Then, it should find whatever it is you are trying to pair it with. After you press it, it should say "No new devices found. Try again?" Scroll to yes and press it. It should find whatever it is you are connecting it to. You will have to enter a password for it. I usually use "1234". You will have to type the same digits into the other device you are pairing it up with. Make sure you change the settings in the bluetooth. To do that, go back to the bluetooth icon. It will ask you to pair to something else. You can either go to "No" or "Yes", cancelling it while it's pairing. Anyhow, scroll to the bluetooth device that you want to change the options for. Press the bb button. Go to Options>Discoverable>Scroll to Yes. Save your changes. Then, when you go to the media icon, you have to make sure you go to the folder that you want to save it in, press the bb button>Receive Using Bluetooth. Then send it from wherever you want to send it from. It should ask you whether or not it is okay and if you need to change the name of the song/ringtone, go ahead and do it there. Then save it. Voila, it should work. I hope that helps.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

How are you trying to transfer? via Device to PC and vice versa?

If that is what you're trying to do check this thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ktop_sync.html

wjv144 no está en línea Stack level 1

My BB is discoverable and I can pair with my laptop. So that part of the process is working fine.
    Problem is that only following services become available:

Dial up networking (Modem)
    Voice Gateway

Purpose of the connection is to up/ download file to SD micro card. Once in a while I don't have the USB cable with me and of course in that situation you "need" a file from the BB.

On my desktop manager the BT option is geryed out, so I cannot choose it. I will check with the adminitrator is it is disabled by him.

bonebox no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by wjv144 View Post
    My BB is discoverable and I can pair with my laptop. So that part of the process is working fine.
    Problem is that only following services become available:

Dial up networking (Modem)
    Voice Gateway

Purpose of the connection is to up/ download file to SD micro card. Once in a while I don't have the USB cable with me and of course in that situation you "need" a file from the BB.

On my desktop manager the BT option is geryed out, so I cannot choose it. I will check with the adminitrator is it is disabled by him.
    Unless something has changed in the 4.3 desktop manager, I don't believe it allows you to transfer files between PC <-> BlackBerry over Bluetooth. At least that's how it was when I tried it with 4.2 DM. It only allowed synchronizing over BT.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    Unless something has changed in the 4.3 desktop manager, I don't believe it allows you to transfer files between PC <-> BlackBerry over Bluetooth. At least that's how it was when I tried it with 4.2 DM. It only allowed synchronizing over BT.
    BT transfer works just fine with 4.3 DM. As long as you have the correct drives in windows. If you refer to the link I posted up top it tells you exactly how to get the native drivers for it.

I transfer files all the time with 4.3 DM.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    BT transfer works just fine with 4.3 DM. As long as you have the correct drives in windows. If you refer to the link I posted up top it tells you exactly how to get the native drivers for it.

I transfer files all the time with 4.3 DM.
    What type of files are you talking about and what method are you using to transfer them? I have my Bluetooth configured correctly with the Windows default drivers, so that's not an issue. I just tested the 4.3 DM Media Manager w/ BT and still get the same message that I did with 4.2, which is "Media Manager is only supported using a USB connection. To run Media Manager, please connect your device to your computer using a USB cable." It seems pretty clear from that message that it's not compatible w/ Bluetooth. The only things in DM that seem to work via BT are Synch, Backup and Restore, and Switch Device Wizard.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by bonebox View Post
    What type of files are you talking about and what method are you using to transfer them? I have my Bluetooth configured correctly with the Windows default drivers, so that's not an issue. I just tested the 4.3 DM Media Manager w/ BT and still get the same message that I did with 4.2, which is "Media Manager is only supported using a USB connection. To run Media Manager, please connect your device to your computer using a USB cable." It seems pretty clear from that message that it's not compatible w/ Bluetooth. The only things in DM that seem to work via BT are Synch, Backup and Restore, and Switch Device Wizard.
    I can transfer mp3, pics, anything that I want really. Follow that link above it tells you exactly how.

I can transfer mp3, pics, anything that I want really. Follow that link above it tells you exactly how.
    Reddog, I followed the only link that you posted in this thread, and nowhere in that thread does it explain how to transfer files over BT. The thread is for setting it up to sync (via Outlook, etc) which is different than file transfer. The only thing I did find in the thread related specific to file transfer was a response from another moderator suggesting that it's not possible. BTW, I've followed the steps in that thread and that is exactly how my BT is configured. Everything is working like the thread says it should be. I'd still like you to elaborate on how exactly you are transferring normal files like mp3s and pics. Are you using Media Manager, or some other means? I don't see how Media Manager would work since it specifically says that it only works with a USB cable.

PIN/ID
    STACK

I'm sorry that link I posted gets you all set up for bluetooth sync which in turn lets you bluetooth transfer.

If you right click and on the file you want to transfer via PC to BB. You should get and option to Send to > Then the next Menu select Bluetooth Device.

Then you should be able to browse/search for a Bluetooth device.
    Then you can just send and make sure your BB is in receive mode.

Pretty easy actually.

Sorry if I was a little miss leading. Transferring doesn't require the use of the DM, just to setup the correct drivers and all that to make sure you can see your BB. I apologize if I was misleading

I'm sorry that link I posted gets you all set up for bluetooth sync which in turn lets you bluetooth transfer.

If you right click and on the file you want to transfer via PC to BB. You should get and option to Send to > Then the next Menu select Bluetooth Device.

Then you should be able to browse/search for a Bluetooth device.
    Then you can just send and make sure your BB is in receive mode.

Pretty easy actually.

Sorry if I was a little miss leading. Transferring doesn't require the use of the DM, just to setup the correct drivers and all that to make sure you can see your BB. I apologize if I was misleading
    No worries man, thanks for the info. I never noticed that Send to Bluetooth option in Windows Explorer before - cool! Unfortunately, I get an error when I attempt it. Apparently it needs an OBEX file push profile, which doesn't seem to be available on my 8310 when I view the Bluetooth profiles. Do you have any additional software installed on your BlackBerry to enable that?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had to add another step in the process before it would work. I went into Media on my BB and selected "Receive Using Bluetooth" first, and then the Send to -> Bluetooth Device worked just fine. Thanks for the help!

Actually after reading your post again it looks like you did mention that the BB needed to be in receive mode. I guess I just assumed you meant it needed to be paired. Didn't realize you had to go into Media and manually set it to receive for each file you want to transfer.

hsuanstr no está en línea Stack level 1

correct me if I'm wrong but there is no sync possibility right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast