I have the new BB Curve 8310! I have only one complaint! I can not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Bluetooth and the 8310!

Advertisement

I have the new BB Curve 8310! I have only one complaint! I can not pick up most bluetooth enabled devices. I was able to successfully add my daughters phone (Motorola Razor) and my GPS unit. Aside from that, I am not able to connect to any other device. Could this possibly be a short coming of the all new curve? My husband has the same phone and is having the same problem. We have not been able to find each others phone either. I tried with several other phones that my friends carry and still nothing. Anyone have any information on this?

Thanks for your input!
    Last edited by reddog187; 05-21-2008 at 09:08 PM.

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Bluetooth and the 8310!

are your phones bluetooth set to "discoverable"?

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Yes, all the phones I have been trying to connect to and the ones trying to find me are all in discoverable mode. I leave my bluetooth on hoping to see if someone finds me. As I said, I can only find my daughters phone and my GPS, which is able to be used as a phone. Other then that, nothing. Since my husband and I are both having the same trouble, I assumed it was just the phones make up. It is frustrating since there hasn't been a gadget I haven't been able to figure out....until now! LOL

By the way, love the avitar!!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I'm just guessing here, but is your BT set as discoverable? What happens when the other 8310 tries to connect to yours? I guess your BT is able to pick up the other devices so that's the only thing I can think of.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Thank you, but again, I am discoverable as well as the others. It seems pretty wierd to me. Oh well, I suppose I should stop by the AT&T store to find out what the deal is. Thanks again!

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey i too have this same problem. I buddy has a bb 8310 and he can find me but i can't find him any thoughts on this?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you can't seem to fdind the issue you can always update to the latest OS and see if that will fix the issue.

You're not transferring files are you? You having issues just finding the devices right?

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had problems with this in the past. However, I just paired my 8310 with my wifes 8100. This time I ran the bluetooth setup on both BBs at the same time. Both are set to discoverable (as they were before), but they found each other tonight. Maybe it will work for you. Good Luck.

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    be sure to set your BB to "recieve using bluetooth".

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    I was having trouble pairing devices, not anymore. Now I can not send or recieve bluetooth files, even though we are both on!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Are you choosing to send-using-bluetooth via media manager? BT can be on, on both, but one BT device has to send-using-BT, the other has to be set to receive-using-BT.

rec.jpg
    Last edited by Jbee; 06-03-2008 at 03:26 PM.

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    Hmm, I will have to check. I never had this problem before so I am not sure what is up. Thanks for the input.