I have the 8300 with OS 4.2. I bought a car stereo with bluetooth and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gcobb no está en línea Stack level 1

Bluetooth 8300 and OS upgrade

Advertisement

I have the 8300 with OS 4.2. I bought a car stereo with bluetooth and it's pretty neat. But when I go to dial a number, sometimes it will try to put that number on hold and dial one that is in my phone book. It doesn't do it specifically from the phone or stereo, but doesn't do it when I have another phone connected. Today I connected and it wanted to dial immediately.

It also sounds from time to time like I'm in a barrell, but not all the time.

And is OS 4.5 stable and ready to be installed? I know there's a lengthy thread but it's a little dated and I'm not sure how accurate the information is in it.

Are there enough improvements to justify the upgrade to 4.5?

Replies are appreciated.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Though it is lengthy I would definitely take the time in reading the OS upgrade for the 8300. If I remember correctly early versions had issues with the 8300 model Blackberry so I would recommend doing searches regarding the newer versions such as 4.5.0.81 to see if they have corrected the earlier issues. Other than that the media player, calendar, browser, and storage capability is hands down ten times better than the 4.2 version.

gcobb no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sounds good I suppose.

Does the 8300 store addresses on the phone, memory card or sim card?

I'm trying to import my addresses into my stereo and it isn't finding them. I don't know where it should be looking to retrieve them.

Responses are appreciated.