does anyone know where i can get software to block annoying incoming calls at no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

passion541 no está en línea Stack level 1

block annoying incoming calls

Advertisement

does anyone know where i can get software to block annoying incoming calls at no cost if you do please let me know thanks in advance

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    This is just a suggestion in case you can't find that software (or it doesn't exist). I would give the numbers that you care not to hear from their own personal silent ringer. That way you don't every hear when they call. It's not the best idea. There are some issues..... but it's a thought. (maybe use this in the meantime)
    "Who Dares Wins"

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Someone posted about this a while ago... it incorporated setting up a new profile exception (call it say "Call Screen") and set it to Do Not Disturb "On". Then add the numbers that you do not want to receive calls from.

You could also do the opposite.

EDIT: not sure as yet how to block the "Unknown" callers... someone else may know?
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-23-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: s

SmacknBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    The easiest way that I've found to block numbers is to add an address book entry for "Spam Callers". Add all the annoying numbers (like "(000) 000-0000") into any of the phone number slots, and then set the ringtone to mute for that profile entry. They'll still be able to call you, but you won't have to be annoyed by a ringtone or be forced to mute all your calls. I did this with my ex-boyfriend's numbers when he got on my nerves.

Mosdefin no está en línea Stack level 2
    YouMail has a feature called "Ditch call" which might be a solution. I like SmacknBerry's idea though; Never thought of that.
    New Yorker in me will never die...

VZW 8330 Curve - OS 4.5.0.77

jsfortner no está en línea Stack level 2
    I use YouMail and it works great! Not only can you ditch the call, the caller can't leave a voicemail. It's pretty sweet and not hard to setup!

leob no está en línea BES Pro
    I've used a combination of what SmacknBerry posted and Youmail. This way you're not notified on your device of the call and it goes to a "ditch mail" greeting. I like the this number has been disconnected message.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SmacknBerry View Post
    The easiest way that I've found to block numbers is to add an address book entry for "Spam Callers". Add all the annoying numbers (like "(000) 000-0000") into any of the phone number slots, and then set the ringtone to mute for that profile entry. They'll still be able to call you, but you won't have to be annoyed by a ringtone or be forced to mute all your calls. I did this with my ex-boyfriend's numbers when he got on my nerves.
    SmacknBerry, are you saying that if you enter "(000) 000-0000" as a number, this will register as "Unkown" callers; or callers that block their caller ID. (I get a lot of those).

SmacknBerry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedoan View Post
    SmacknBerry, are you saying that if you enter "(000) 000-0000" as a number, this will register as "Unkown" callers; or callers that block their caller ID. (I get a lot of those).
    Unknown numbers (callers that block caller ID or rig their caller ID to 000-000-0000) should all be blocked from ringing your phone if you set up an address book entry with the # 000-000-0000 in any of the phone number slots for that entry and set the ringtone for it to mute. It works great for me...I see that they called in the call log, but the phone never rings.

Blkbear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24838a6c
    Quote Originally Posted by passion541 View Post
    does anyone know where i can get software to block annoying incoming calls at no cost if you do please let me know thanks in advance
    No free call blocking apps that I know of. There are several Black/White list type call block/re-directors.

SmartnBerry's info works. I use it myself. People I know that block their calls know, if they want me to answer they have to unblock their calls or wait until I decide to check voice mail to call them back. Most have been trained to at least leave a message

SmacknBerry
    Da Bear