Is there a way to block access to certian websites on your teen's blackberry like ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kbshv no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305DDDAC

Block access to websites

Advertisement

Is there a way to block access to certian websites on your teen's blackberry like you can on your home computer?

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Welcome to Pin Stack! Not that I know of. You can block sites w/Firewall settings, but that could be easily changed by the device user. The only way you could block is by being an administrator on a Black Berry Enterprise Service. (Mainly used by Corporations to regulate the device from one server.) There might be someone out there w/a different solution. If it were my teens device, they would not have internet, ever again, if I found them on an unapproved site.

Sorry I could not be as much help, but atleast my post will "bump" this up for another Stacker's reply.

MrCmonster no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Hi there!

Yes it is possibe as long as you have a PC… BlackBerry Unite! will let you set up a list of sites to block. http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/blackberryunite/ It runs on your PC, it is kind of a home version of the BES that jbee mentioned above. I run it on my 2 BBs, but I don't use the internet filtering myself (just me and my wife).

If you need more help, let me know. I was going to try posting a couple screen shots, but my computers internet connection is down atm.
    --
    ~via my red 8310 BB Curve~
    When in doubt, pull the battery out.
    Last edited by MrCmonster; 08-06-2008 at 10:23 AM.