I've read and searched all the FAQs and threads, but can't find a similar problem. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

joolshs no está en línea Stack level 1

Blank White Screen on 8310

Advertisement

I've read and searched all the FAQs and threads, but can't find a similar problem.

I've switched on and off, done the soft reset, removed battery and waited etc, but still all I have is just a plain white illuminated screen on my BB curve, bought from new only month ago and working absolutely fine until day before yesterday. No timer, nothing. No functionality at all! Phone doesn't ring, no front menu, no characters appearing when buttons pressed. Fully charged.

Any ideas?

Is there a reset button on the 8310 curve? There is a small hole in the bottom of the unit, into which I've thrust a paper clip, but no reaction at all....

BkLady388 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I have had this white screen before but it last 2, 3 seconds tops and then it disappears. No where near the issues you are having and I have, dare I say, put my device to the test in pretty much the last year. But if your device is only a month old I would suggest using that warranty and making them switch it for you to avoid any further device issues.

There's no reset button that I am aware of. I believe the small hole at the bottom that you are referring to is the mic. Careful not to damage it!

joolshs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes, I rang my supplier and they agreed to send me a new one, which arrived today and is working fine. So far. Had to ask for a new password to activate the Enterprise Server, as it gets dropped with 48 hours inactivity.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Glad you got a new BB, sounds like the old one had a hardware failure. With a device that new, much better to get a new one than troubleshoot further.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~