Hi newbie here with a big problem i installed the desktop mannager yesterday and it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ha5ti3 no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry wont switch on red lights device not recognised

Advertisement

Hi newbie here with a big problem i installed the desktop mannager yesterday and it asked me to update my blackberry i said yes half way through updating the phone ran out of battery and my pc crashed now all i have is a black screen with red lights flashing twice my pc doesent recognise the device has malfunctioned i have not come here asking for help because im to lazy it because i tried everything there is ive searched and searched the jl comandr does not recognise the device and the loader i get to the bit after putting the password in i click next and it dosent do nothing ive just got my bb its my first if someone can help me with some suggestions wld be gr8

please help!!!!!!

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Ok first thing to learn with your new Blackberry is that you have to stay calm and patient.

Make sure you have charged your battery using your wall charger to a full charge and also download and install the Operating system you are trying to load to your PC.

After doing that remove your battery and open c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader. Locate the loader icon and open it. When it first starts to load carefully reinstall the battery and it should then recognize and start loading the software.

Hope this helps post back any questions and if I can't get you up and going one of our many other stackers will I am sure.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 06-14-2009 at 08:42 AM.

ive tried this just done again

i have tried this lots of times now i have done it just now to make sure im not doing anything wrong

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    To confirm you have the operating system installed go to start/control panel/add/remiove (programs and features on Vista) and make sure you see DM install as well as device software 4.5 in the list of installed apps.

i have

heres a screenshot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ha5ti3; 06-14-2009 at 10:57 AM.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Can't really see the SS I am wap. If you haven't gotten anything resolved by the time I get home I will hop on the PC and see what we can do. That's still to hours so maybe someone else will chime in as well.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Sorry I am so long in getting back. I would suggest uninstalling the 4.2.2 and downloading the newest 4.5 from your carrier. Then reboot your PC and try again.