I have a blackberry 8300 and it won't charge through the USB. There is no ... BlackBerry Curve forum

theatregirl26 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry won't charge via usb...no message

I have a blackberry 8300 and it won't charge through the USB. There is no message on the Blackberry or the computer. It just won't charge. It will sync so it isn't the cord. However, I did try to change the cord and change the computer with no luck. Any suggestions?

RogerG está en línea ahora Stack Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to PinStack, theatregirl!

Maybe it is the cord and you have it set up to sync via bluetooth?
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

I tried different cords and none of them charged. Syncing, however, is no problem. Just charging. But thanks for the suggestion RoGro!!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    When you have it plugged into the PC via the USB, is there any indication on the device that it is charging? Could be you just need to download the USB drivers from the RIM site which you can do here, or you can download a newer release of the Desktop Manager, too which will include the drivers.

Regards,
    Roger
    It's always darkest before the dawn, so if you're gonna steal your neighbor's newspaper, that would be the time to do it.

Technical Support Blog | Forum Rules and Guidelines | Theme Posting Rules and Guidelines | Trust Level Explained

Thank you RoGro, I just did all of that and I am still having the issue. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Hm. Take a close look at the USB port on your device. Is there any indication of damage or bent pins or something? And you're sure you're not set up to sync wirelessly via bluetooth?

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Control Panel -> USB Properties

Turn off the USB power saving modes.

rmarkowitz, I am not sure where you are talking. Control Panel/USB Properties. Where is that located. When I got into Control Panel, there is no USB.

RoGro, I checked the device for damage and none can be found. I also double-checked to make sure I was not setup to sync via Bluetooth.

Thank you both for your help!!!! I hate to keep asking, but any other thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theatregirl26 View Post
    rmarkowitz, I am not sure where you are talking. Control Panel/USB Properties. Where is that located. When I got into Control Panel, there is no USB.

RoGro, I checked the device for damage and none can be found. I also double-checked to make sure I was not setup to sync via Bluetooth.

Thank you both for your help!!!! I hate to keep asking, but any other thoughts?
    Are you on Vista or XP? In Vista, it's Control Panel>Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right click on any one of the USB Root Hubs and you'll see a tab for Power Management. Mine are all set to allow the computer to turn the device off to save power, but I've never had a problem with that. Might be talking about something different, though.

I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. Makes no sense you're able to sync, but not charge.

RoGro,

Thanks! I thought I would check before I went and tried to get it repaired or replaced. Thank you for your help.

I am on XP, but I will check that. That gives me an idea on where it might be. Thanks!

tquach no está en línea Stack level 1
    Take a look at the usb port, the little plastic piece in the port may have broken loose. Only way to fix would be to replace the usb port.

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is it charging at all with a wall adapter or car charger?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Blog Entries
    I'm having this same issue with a refurbed 8120 and 2 USB ports on a new laptop. It will charge fine with DM open for about 10 or so seconds then lose the connection. I have rebooted the PC and phone. This has happened before and I've been able to solve the problem with rebooting the phone and PC but this time it's being persistent.

Setup:
    XP Professional SP3 and DM 5.0.1.28
    T-Mobile Titanium BB 8120: OS 4.5.0.176 Platform 2.1.0.105

EDIT: Found another USB cable and that seems to work.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 12-05-2009 at 11:49 PM.