Hi everyone! Well, i'm not a bb virgin anymore, but I am def a newbie. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Hunnygrl82 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Virgin!

Advertisement

Hi everyone!
    Well, i'm not a bb virgin anymore, but I am def a newbie. I just bought a bbc8320. I haven't the slightest how to use it and don't even know anyone else with one, I didn't realize you could connect with other bb users through it. Anyhow, I have probably a million questions but i'll keep it short today. For the life of me, I just can't figure out how to keep my text and email messages separate. My email messages go into the email folder and the text folder. I tried going into tools and separating them, it worked, but in my text folder it defaulted to email, so i would have to manually find the text folder and pull it up. Any ideas? Also, is there a way to set a password just for email? Thanks in advance! I look forward to becoming a bb pro!

**Andrea**

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Welcome to pinstack and congrats on your new blackberry, you'll come to love it without a doubt

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Open your email or text message icon hit options then general options and scroll till you see sms and email. And change it from combined to separate ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Messages, menu, Options, General Options, change the option SMS and Email Messages to Separate, escape and save.

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh, almost forgot. Since you've already seperated your email/sms messages all you really have to do is move the folders for each to a possition you want (depending on the theme your using). Just highlight the icon, click your menu key and select Move. Then use the mouse ball to move the icon to where you want it and click to set it in place.

Hope this helps.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunnygrl82 View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Well, i'm not a bb virgin anymore, but I am def a newbie. I just bought a bbc8320. I haven't the slightest how to use it and don't even know anyone else with one, I didn't realize you could connect with other bb users through it. Anyhow, I have probably a million questions but i'll keep it short today. For the life of me, I just can't figure out how to keep my text and email messages separate. My email messages go into the email folder and the text folder. I tried going into tools and separating them, it worked, but in my text folder it defaulted to email, so i would have to manually find the text folder and pull it up. Any ideas? Also, is there a way to set a password just for email? Thanks in advance! I look forward to becoming a bb pro!

**Andrea**
    Hi Andrea< welcome to the stacks and the world of BB, There are limits as to what you can do with the folders. the message folder by default catches everything, and the mail folder is just s quick sort. If you only have one mail account, ti should not be too bad once you get used to it. THe other thing to look at is in messages, hit hte menu key and got to Optins>General Options, and down the list is SMS and Email boxes, if you set to seperate then it will put a little Yello icon for SMS. and Messages will just be mail. Not you can move or Hide Icons on the main screen also, this may help. when at the main screen Hit the menu key with the Icon highlighted, and select move or Hide, if you move it, out it where you wnat it and click the ball and it will drop it there, I take all the ones i do not use, move them to the end of the list and then Hide them. i hope this helps.

LOL it took me so long to type this every one chimed in
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Hunnygrl82 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks so much for the help!! I got it figured out now.

C.Ambrosio no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2581694A
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    Open your email or text message icon hit options then general options and scroll till you see sms and email. And change it from combined to separate ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thank you so much,, i have had a bb before but just got the curve and for the life of me couldn't figure this out

You are truly awesome

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Welcome to the Stacks

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Hello and Welcome!