Ok, so I am hoping someone can give me a little help here. I installed ... BlackBerry Curve forum

newdad no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206E2398

Blackberry Unite Problem

Advertisement

Ok, so I am hoping someone can give me a little help here. I installed blackberry unite on my 8310 with 4.5. I have not any of the it policy restrictions, thankfully, but I am having another issue. My berry won't connect to the browser unless it is hooked in with usb. opera and weathereye still work,but nothing else. It gives me an error message saying "unable to connect to the mobile data service. please try again later"

I have a theory that maybe my blackberry is not able to connect to my home computer due to my wireless network firewall. Does anyone know what port I need to open on my router? Or does anyone have any ideas what is happening?

Thanks in advance, and my appologies if this is in the wrong forum.

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If I was you I would delete unite and forget it ever existed!!

I had it and it killed my Berry to the point it needed a replacement. I know it ruined loads of others on here aswell.

Not worth it, not worth it at all......

oh as for your prob, sorry mate no idea

PIN/ID
    206E2398
    Quote Originally Posted by londonmandan View Post

I had it and it killed my Berry to the point it needed a replacement. I know it ruined loads of others on here aswell.

I installed the program with a full understanding of what could happen. I have over the counter exchange for a full year anyways, so I am not worried about it.

If I could get the browser going I would actually really like the program.

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

Heh i had to do the same thing just last night, nothing worked at all. Unite is the worst fail! Its a berry killer, if i didnt have the OTCE i would kill rim, but as i do i got my new berry right away last night
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    What is your default browser set to. Its probably set to the unite browser. Change it to the internet browser and see if it works for you.

PIN/ID
    206E2398
    Quote Originally Posted by markgallant View Post
    What is your default browser set to. Its probably set to the unite browser. Change it to the internet browser and see if it works for you.
    I only have the unite browser available, no other options present for browser.

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    yup, thats the main problem, it removes the default browser, in fact mine was completly gone! i had nothing selected for the browser! the field was blank
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

londonmandan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    it removed my browser and killed my data link aswell so no Opera or BB Browser :|

I assume RIM read forums so why still have it out there or was this a sly BETA copy?

PIN/ID
    206E2398
    I feel that the problem is on my home computer end. Maybe tonight I will kill my home firewall, and reactivate my curve. If that works than I know it is an issue with my router, if it doesn't work maybe I will give up and remove unite.

the functionality of the program is great, I have had no real issues other than no browser through the cellular network. I would have quit on this completely but opera works fine on cellular network, and everything works perfect when hooked up through usb at home. I have read all the horror stories with this program and maybe because I have 4.5 installed on my rim I am not having the same issues.

I am really hoping it is my router firewall.....

PIN/ID
    206E2398
    it removed my browser and killed my data link aswell so no Opera or BB Browser :|

I assume RIM read forums so why still have it out there or was this a sly BETA copy?
    Mine was straight from the bell website. I still have data connections, and as I said my opera browser works fine. But I want my google maps, bb maps, nav4all, etc to work, and the calender sharing would be fantastic as well.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2
    Unite must me ignite as in igniting your BB software.
    BB8900 is mine!

PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the issue that I have found is the ip adress,!! If you look closer, after activation, where the berry hangs and syncs all the contacts with the pc, the ip adress for the mds is gone!!! All you have left is the port number!!! You will have to type in the ip adress manually, as far as I found it, that was the only way to get the berry working again!!!!

braveandcrazy no está en línea Stack level 3
    What has happened is that Unite has installed an IT Policy on your devices.
    To confirm this options >security options > general settings , If the field under services at the bottom, IT Policy

also options >security options > firewall If the firewall is enabled and there is a red lock next to it you've got some work to do.

This is how you remove it.