Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ITS ALIVE!!!!!! YAY!! Although now there is a blotch on the screen where the water ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CX7Kristen no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

ITS ALIVE!!!!!! YAY!! Although now there is a blotch on the screen where the water seeped through. But I can live with that. Thanks everyone for your help!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    glad it worked out how was metallica?

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    YAY!! Great!!

greenandgold52 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Toilet + anything = bad.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    Quote Originally Posted by greenandgold52 View Post
    Toilet + anything = bad.
    that statement is not always correct.

toilet + anything != bad. I can think of at least two or three things I wouldnt want anywhere but the toilet, lol.

toilet + anything electronic = usually bad [correct]
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad you saved it! And glad you enjoyed the concert too
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Glad to hear it, Kristen! Mighta shoulda left it in a little longer and maybe that screen blotch would've gone away as well.

::edit:: Mighta shoulda? Ugh. I think I'm becoming a North Carolinian!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    glad it worked out how was metallica?
    Metallica, was awesome! Thanks for asking!

I don't think I could have made it another day without my phone. The blotch is barely noticeable.

akrifay no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can only imagine the look on your face when your BB went flying into the toilet lol that woulda been a kodak moment for sure Glad it didn't blow up on ya! Maybe in the future you should get one of those wrist strap things like they have for the Wii

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Cx7, You were smart to remove the battery, SIM and media card right away. One other thing you can do when you think it's all dried out and before you reinsert the battery, etc. is you can put it it an oven, wrapped in a soft, dry cloth, on its lowest setting, with the door open but don't leave it more than 2-3 minutes at a time. You can put it back in for another session but don't let it get very warm - be careful. (I saved a pager a few years back that "jumped" into the toilet. I removed the back, battery, etc., and did this after it had been open for about a day. It went back into service without a hitch.)

As said previously, the object is NOT to get it hot. The object is to eliminate all the moisture. If you're not comfortable with my suggestion DO NOT try it. All you're trying to do is put it in an atmosphere that will eliminate moisture. Good luck.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by akrifay View Post
    I can only imagine the look on your face when your BB went flying into the toilet lol that woulda been a kodak moment for sure Glad it didn't blow up on ya! Maybe in the future you should get one of those wrist strap things like they have for the Wii
    I had it in my sweater, and it slid out. It did the same thing several weeks ago when I was on vacation and it ended up in the trash. I just wont be putting it in that sweater pocket ever again.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    A few years ago my ex's phone decided to take a swim with the turkey in the sink. I took it apart as much as I could, laid it on a rag, laid it on a heater, 2 days later it was good to go. What jblackfish said is so true, never give it too much heat! I've had friends come to me with phones that they've blow dried, and it's completely dead.

Glad you got it back!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

akrifay no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by CX7Kristen View Post
    I had it in my sweater, and it slid out. It did the same thing several weeks ago when I was on vacation and it ended up in the trash. I just wont be putting it in that sweater pocket ever again.
    Talk about unlucky... I'd personally burn that sweater lol

Quote Originally Posted by akrifay View Post
    Talk about unlucky... I'd personally burn that sweater lol
    Nope, can't. It just the jaguar curse this year. We did crappy this year, so its kinda bad luck right now.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    I'm terrible with phones I decided to use the black silicone skin on my phone and it gives my phone grip. I could put my phone in my shirt pocket and stand on my head and it won't slide out of my pocket. It might be an option for your sweater issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12