A long time ago, I don't know why i did this prob trying to clear ... BlackBerry Curve forum

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Task List

Advertisement

A long time ago, I don't know why i did this prob trying to clear up space or something... But i deleted the Task List app that comes on the Blackberry when you first purchase it.
    Now I'm starting to look for a app that will remind to-do things. I've been doing a lot of research and i've read that the Task App has a reminder in it. I would like to try and see if it will work for what i need it to.
    But since I don't have it, i need to reload it on to my phone... I can't seem to figure out how to do this, could someone help me with this?
    I thought that i would start with that DM, but when i go to Add/remove apps i just shows the 3rd party apps that i already loaded on. And gives me the option to add more. It doesn't show everything that is on the phone. I notice that on the newer DM it doesn't do this, cause on older versions of DM it would. Maybe I'm wrong or something. But if someone could help me with this that would be great please

mrossfive no está en línea Stack level 1
    I believe you need to download the latest OS for your phone onto the computer you are running DM from. You should then be able to put those types of appsag options back on your phone. Please let me know if that helps or if I am completely wrong.

Thanks,
    Marvin
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    As stated above, all you need to do is download and install you devices operating system on to your pc and then when you open app loader you will see all your 3rd party apps as well as anything that should be preloaded like task, BBmaps, BBmessenger....etc.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    As stated above, all you need to do is download and install you devices operating system on to your pc and then when you open app loader you will see all your 3rd party apps as well as anything that should be preloaded like task, BBmaps, BBmessenger....etc.
    mine only shows 3rd party too CB
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

ShellyMiddleton no está en línea Stack level 2
    You may also want to try ReQall as a task manager. It's a free app with reminders, and if you want location based reminders you can pay a small amount for the premium version.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellyMiddleton View Post
    You may also want to try ReQall as a task manager. It's a free app with reminders, and if you want location based reminders you can pay a small amount for the premium version.

Just signed up for reqall and I must say I am very impressed with this so far. I gonna give the pro 30 day trial a run and see how it goes. May stay with the free standard. Great app, thanks.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

Okay thank you for all the help. But I'm still having a problem. I downloaded the 8320 OS from AT&T that i found on the sticky. I deleted the Vendor file and then i also have 4.7 desk top manger. So when i plug in my BB it says checking for up dates and it does nothing... usually it will say that there is update to the new OS but it isn't doing that now

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    all you really had to do was plug in your bb to dm and run the app loader. When you do that you go advanced and you can add the task manager from there. You should have still had the os on your pc so it would have popped up when you go advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by getsugatensho View Post
    all you really had to do was plug in your bb to dm and run the app loader. When you do that you go advanced and you can add the task manager from there. You should have still had the os on your pc so it would have popped up when you go advanced.
    There is no advanced option when you are in the app loader!
    I really want that Tasks App, can someone please tell me what i need to do to get that. I've already tired everything ^^^ reloading the OS didn't work. What do i need to do to get that back on my phone.
    Btw, I've tried to use ReQuell...but i could never get past the activation. I dunno what i was doing wrong but i just couldn't activate...something with my connection. But i tried ever witch way with connection options it didn't work

jrhorner71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    @5K
    Ok run loader.exe and continue till you see the os load. Scroll down till you see task check it and then hit load or next and it should load it then. Or in desktop manager click apploader then upgrade os. Scroll down and check task then click next and it will load.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhorner71 View Post
    Ok run loader.exe and continue till you see the os load. Scroll down till you see task check it and then hit load or next and it should load it then. Or in desktop manager click apploader then upgrade os. Scroll down and check task then click next and it will load.
    Werd this ^^^ works, and it is currently updating right now.. thank you for all you help patients and help with this

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    just an fyi that there are known issues with DM 4.7 and it not recognizing an OS install.

looks like the loader.exe method worked for you, but in the future, you may want to downgrade your DM to 4.6

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've been wanting to ask this for a while now but thought it was a pretty obvious answer and told myself to shut up.

Will the 4.6 DM still work for 4.7 devices? Or do you have to use the dysfunctional dm regardless of the problems?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    just an fyi that there are known issues with DM 4.7 and it not recognizing an OS install.

looks like the loader.exe method worked for you, but in the future, you may want to downgrade your DM to 4.6
    Cherri, do you know if this is still the case with the 4.7 that was released last month? The first iteration of 4.7 was released back in 11/08.