My Curve 8330 on Verizon is stuck in 1x not 1XEVDO as usual. I went ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kwanko no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30389C60

Blackberry stuck on 1x on Verizon. Says Updating

Advertisement

My Curve 8330 on Verizon is stuck in 1x not 1XEVDO as usual. I went to back my contacts up in Gsync and it says "Blackberry is updating, try again later." Is this like a nationwide problem now. My internet is not working and I tried to re-register with the service book. The thing thats weird is my data is still flowing I can see the data arrows moving up and down and nothing is running that uses data. Anyone else got the same thing. I live in upstate NY.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Have you tried a battery pull yet?

I'm not experiencing any issues currently.

kwanko no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30389C60
    I have tried everything that is the norm. This is like my 5th berry so I know my way around and am pretty good at trouble shooting them. after all my attempts I will have to say its a network issue and not my phone. The data is really moving now and still have no data apps running in the foreground or the background. I'm on BIS not BES so this could be that BIS 2.6 upgrade or something. Nothing that uses data works and the registration message has not been recieved.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    That would be my guess then that it's a network issue. You should be able to get your answer pretty simply by a quick phone call to Verizon and see if they have something going on in your area.

jwarnoc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305753FF
    There are reports of a data outage on VZW in the Northeast. I'm in Indiana with no problems, but a PIN message from my daughter in Boston took 90 minutes to get to me, just a few minutes ago.

HeywoodJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    pm me
    i had this issue show after upgrading the os on a device (4.5 for the 8830). it had some thing to do with the os not working with the carrier and the url for proviioning the device being incorrect... and i had to down grade . if you recently changed the operating system it may be the cause if there no outage.....just a thought

garypip no está en línea Stack level 3
    I too am getting 1x and 1XEV randomly here in NJ. Must be a network issue. Maybe BIS 2.6???
    -"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Everyone on Verizon as well as Alltel should probably get used to this over the next few months as they upgrade as well as kill certain towers during the transition. Not saying this is the problem today but it could be in the near future. (I REALLY doubt it has anything to do with the OS.)