Are blackberry programs programmed in java? I want to start developing programs for the blackberry, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Chain2r no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry programs Java?

Advertisement

Are blackberry programs programmed in java? I want to start developing programs for the blackberry, i have already seen hayden's post and bookmarked it concerning blackberry development and i have visited blackberrys official site. I was just wondering if it was purely java, or is there another part to it?

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    BlackBerry programs are written in Java. RIM has a whole set of APIs (The javadocs from the 4.5 OS APIs: http://www.blackberry.com/developers...api/index.html ), but some APIs require that the compiled application be signed with a ($20) RIM developer key before being run on real devices.

It is pretty much "purely Java" from the development perspective. Your classes are processed by RIM's BlackBerry compiler (rapc) and transformed into a cod module, which is a proprietary format, but as far as actually writing code, it's standard.

Chain2r no está en línea Stack level 1
    so basically, we can say if you know how to program java, you can program blackberry programs its just a different process in compiling (i don't know how to program in java yet) but i want to learn.