I saw a phone on ebay its brand new but don't have OS installed on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

d_roc no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry newbi: where can i get 8310 OS

Advertisement

I saw a phone on ebay its brand new but don't have OS installed on it, i looked on the tmobile site all they have is the 8330 and its the update. so sahll i buy the phone? if i buy it where can i find the OS for it t-mobile will be great, but the bone doesn't have any os installed on it
    thanks
    D

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Blackberry newbi: where can i get 8310 OS

You can find the OS you're looking for about half way down the first post in this thread: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...f_21aug07.html

Any of those listed for the 8310 will work just fine.

The reason you can't find it on the TMO website is the 8310 is not a TMO device. There is no 8310 TMO OS. You can however use any carriers OS and it will work just fine, just pick the most current one out of the list and install it.

Tucker

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1

iridemybike- so are you saying that even though the phone itself is say, an 8310, the 8320 software from t-mobile will work on it?

d roc- don't forget the phone wasn't tested, and may have other problems.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

No it won't... 8310 is for 8310, 8320 is for 8320. The 8310 has gps and the 8320 has wifi. Those OS's are not compatible with the other model.

llsteve80 no está en línea Stack level 1

thats what i thought, so now the question is, will it be locked? Most likely even if a whole new OS is loaded. unlocking isn't a problem, but sometimes it takes 5 days to get the code. $129 is a great deal either way. He doesn't specify 8320, 8310, etc, but only 8300. I might have to try this and see what happens.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

well the 8300 was the first one avail from at&t. Then it was the 8320 (tmo) and 8310 (at&t). Yes if the phone was never "unlocked" no matter what OS you use it is still a locked phone and designated to that specific carrier.

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

No matter what OS you use the phone will still be locked unless you specifically unlock it. You cannot use the OS from an 8320 or 8300, it has to be an 8310 OS but it does not have to be an 8310 OS from ATT(however, you must first delete the vendor.xml file if it's not an OS from the vendor that originally sold the phone). Personally, I am using an 8310 locked to ATT and have been using the 8310 OS from Vodafone since day one with no problems at all. I hope that helps to clear it up a bit for you.

Tucker
    Last edited by iridemybike; 02-10-2008 at 07:56 PM.