is there somewhere I can go to figure out what the different smilies mean? i've ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Messenger Icons next to the contacts

Advertisement

is there somewhere I can go to figure out what the different smilies mean? i've searched the phone's help menu and bb website but can't find anything. sometimes a contact's smiley has some zzz's as if it's asleep. right now one has a bubble coming out of its mouth as if it's talking

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Blackberry Messenger Icons next to the contacts

The status icons on the contact's face (lower right corner) mean the following:
    Clock -C ontact is busy
    Red X - Unavailable
    Sound waves - means they're on the phone
    Green Plus - Contact is Pending

You can view the status icon message by clicking on the contact's name and selecting Contact Info.

heyamore no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    The status icons on the contact's face (lower right corner) mean the following:
    Clock -C ontact is busy
    Red X - Unavailable
    Sound waves - means they're on the phone
    Green Plus - Contact is Pending

You can view the status icon message by clicking on the contact's name and selecting Contact Info.
    Actually the SOUND WAVES means they are either:

ON THE PHONE or their PHONE IS TURNED OFF.

05eclipse05 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry to bump an older post, but i have a question about the BBM status.

Me and a girl are using BBM (i'm at&t, she is verizon) and we chat quite a bit. We are using BBM so we don't have to worry about too many text messages. Anyways, long story short - we will be talking via BBM then i notice she get's the "clock status" next to her name. I am able to send her messages, but am UNABLE to view any new messages she sends me without deleting the whole previous conversation. It just started happening yesterday. And when i go into BBM contact list, it shows i have two different conversations with her, when there should only be one.

Any help?

Is there any way you can turn off the auto status change on her phone i guess?

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The clock typically shows up when you lose your data connection and it's waiting to resend the message. Do you have decent coverage in your area or are you prone to dropping your connection?
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i usually have great service in my area. I also notice, when it happens, ALL my previous text messages and call log deletes itself....?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Possible memory issue. Check your status under the options screen and see how much free memory you have in the phone. How often do you reboot?

Zo