Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So i want to start using the blackberry messenger to text, but it doesnt seem ... BlackBerry Curve forum

grandmasterari no está en línea Stack level 1

Question blackberry messenger

Advertisement

So i want to start using the blackberry messenger to text, but it doesnt seem to be working. I have ran a diagnostics test and it says NO under the blackberry registration, NO under connected to blackberry, and NO under blackberry pin-pin. Is there anyone who can help me with this?

I have tried everything.

Thankx

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    are you connected to the network?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    You have to make sure you have a BB data Plan. BlackBerry Messenger only works from BB to BB.

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    good call i skipped a few steps there

scottvicius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318591be
    Did you sign up with tie provider for a data plan? If yes then try resending your service books to your self. If not you need to sign up for a data plan in order to use those features

well i can go online with my phone and everything and i have a plan through att for text messaging. is that considered a data plan?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Nope i tihink you only habe media net pay per use that is not the same thing as a Blackberry Data Plan. The BlackBerry Personal Plan is $30 a month.

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    Text message and data plans are two different things. I am also with AT&T. My data plan runs $30 per month. Text is another $5 I think. This is in addition to the voice plan. Next, if you are trying to communicate with someone w/o a BB, messanger won't work. Use SMS text in your messages menu.

yeah, thats exactly what i have.
    is there any way to use bb messenger without a data plan then?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Nope BlackBerry messenger is a integral part of the BlackBerry Data Plan because it relies on BB Pin to BB Pin which go through the BlackBerry Network.

Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Nope i tihink you only habe media net pay per use that is not the same thing as a Blackberry Data Plan. The BlackBerry Personal Plan is $30 a month.
    As a follow up to this....

Check on this ASAP. Pay per use can add up quick.

yeah, i looked into it and the cheapest plan is $30 a month. i dont use the internet on my phone that much anyways. oh well, i ll just have to keep with the old sms.
    thanks for all your guys' help though, i didnt thing i would be getting so many responses so quickly.

No problem. One last thing..... Email goes thru data also. I know $30 is high, but it is worth it. I'm kind of new to BB, but no device can touch this when you have unlimited data. Good luck, and welcome to the stacks.

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am also with AT&T and I have a data plan cos I LOVE to surf on my bb8310. I have taken off the messaging feature, ya know the IMs, and email everyone I need to. $30 a month for unlimited surfing AND email? That's dirt cheap, considering it would ordinarily cost $1 per Kb otherwise. If it wasn't for the data plan, I'd be racking about $1000 a month easy.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    InfinityPlayer I do believe its only 0.01 per kb. I do believe someone please correct me if i'm wrong...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast