I hate BB Maps and ive never even used it!!!! I unlocked my phone today, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid

Blackberry Maps FTL!

Advertisement

I hate BB Maps and ive never even used it!!!!

I unlocked my phone today, used my friends tmobile sim card to get the BB maps service book and then tried to download maps to my phone and it says my phone does ot meet requirements. Im getting tired of trying to see what this program looks like or even using it.

Nav4All and Google Maps FTW!!

If anyone can send me some help on how to make BB maps work on AT&T with 4.5 id much appreciate it.

Hell, if you cant offer help id like to see some screen shots of it in action or at minimum a screenshot of what the icon looks like.

Thanks
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you installed the Operating System for your Device to your PC. If so all you should need to do is open desktop manager and then app loader and check BBmaps and it will install to your device.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    ive installed it on DM and it still doesnt show up, so i tried OTA.
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    tried downloading on my pc through rims site and it also tells me my device doesnt meet requirements.
    Quotes to live by:

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    What is the memory like on your device. I had this issue with my 8330 and was finally able to load it but I am trying to remember just what I did.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    14.8156013 megabytes
    I'm not really hurting for memory. This is really frustrating not being able to use my blackberry to its full potential!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kjbmax77 no está en línea Stack level 3
    to get BBmaps to work with 4.5 you need to install an older version of Bbmaps (4.2) via application loader. It does work, I have done it with all GSM pearls, 8800 series, and 8300 series successfully.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    So how do I go about getting an older version of bbmaps? it updated my bbmaps when I installed 4.5

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    When you update from 4.2 you s hould be able to go advanced and click the BBMaps box to uncheck it so it does nothing to it.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    I updated from 4.2 a loong time ago and now I can't seem to go back in version from 4.5 even when the new version is unistalled and I try and upload the old alx file.

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    I hate BB Maps and ive never even used it!!!!

I unlocked my phone today, used my friends tmobile sim card to get the BB maps service book and then tried to download maps to my phone and it says my phone does ot meet requirements. Im getting tired of trying to see what this program looks like or even using it.

Nav4All and Google Maps FTW!!

If anyone can send me some help on how to make BB maps work on AT&T with 4.5 id much appreciate it.

Hell, if you cant offer help id like to see some screen shots of it in action or at minimum a screenshot of what the icon looks like.

Thanks
    Here's how I was able to get it to work on my ATT 8310. I followed this link to download BB maps to my desktop. Then, I followed these intructions to save it to my memory card, then install it on my berry from the memory card. It worked fine for me after that, but quite honestly I think Google maps is better than BB maps IMHO. Let me know if this helps.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    BBmaps sux thatnks for all the help everyone! I got it installed and tried it out, wow google maps slaps rim around when it comes to navigation software.
    Quotes to live by:

gots2beme no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by neorabid View Post
    BBmaps sux thatnks for all the help everyone! I got it installed and tried it out, wow google maps slaps rim around when it comes to navigation software.
    Yeah, I figured you would prefer google maps over BBmaps. I felt the same way after I went through all the hassle of getting it on my phone only to find that it just doesn't compare to google maps. But I still kept it, I have both of them on mine.

PIN/ID
    neorabid
    After playing with bbmaps more I'm actually starting to like this more than what I originally thought. Thanks again everyone for all your help getting this on my phone.