Hey Folks, Was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to cache blackberry ... BlackBerry Curve forum

diginet no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry maps and google maps cache

Advertisement

Hey Folks,

Was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to cache blackberry maps and google map to the sd card? I don't see a way in the options. Actually I would like to do this for the browser as well if possible.

I'm concerned that my bb will run out of memory and I just got a 2g micro sd that has a lot of free space.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: blackberry maps and google maps cache

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    All you need is a ~five hundred terabyte micro SD card to cache the entire world down to the street level. Unfortunately these cards won't exist for many many years.

Currently Google and Blackberry do not offer a way to save a portion of the map to local storage on mobile devices. As mobile phones embrace the micro SDHC standard which scales to 32 gig, software developers and platform providers may begin to offer services like this, but for now your up the creek without a paddle and without a cached map.

Thanks for the reply bartokbatt. I was hoping that there is at least a way to specify where the temporary cache goes to. I wasn't thinking of caching the maps just wanted to point the temp cache to my sd card. The same for the browser, wanted to point the temp cache to the sd card.

Thanks.

alby no está en línea Stack level 1

Guys, quick question? between Blackberry Maps and Google Maps what's the best one? When you use google maps or blackberry maps is it a sort of web browsing (and therefore charges for data usage)?
    Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I think both uses the data service. I personally like google map better.