Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I found this in the lbs.alx - So bbmaps is disabled for AT&T curve users. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mdys no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Blackberry Maps

Advertisement

I found this in the lbs.alx - So bbmaps is disabled for AT&T curve users. I just changed all the 102's to 100's. Thanx Spamdumpster, I got it working!

</fileset>
    <!-- For 8800 series, hide the icon for AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <!-- For non-8800 series, show the icon for all carriers except AT&T (102), Vodafone Germany (124), Vodafone Austria (137) and all Orange properties, including Amena (Orange Spain - 175). -->
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|17 5" series="~8800">
    <files>
    Last edited by mdys; 08-05-2007 at 10:36 PM.

So after all that work unlocking BBmaps on my AT&T Curve, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to delete it! It can't seem to find most of the addresses that I have to go to tomorrow. The one that it did find, took forever.

Google maps and the free TelNav (without voice) work much better!!! TelNav found an obscure address that Google maps didn't find, but Google maps has more detailed maps and seems a bit faster.
    Last edited by mdys; 08-06-2007 at 12:06 AM.

pilotgeg no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by mdys
    So after all that work unlocking BBmaps on my AT&T Curve, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to delete it! It can't seem to find most of the addresses that I have to go to tomorrow. The one that it did find, took forever.

Google maps and the free TelNav (without voice) work much better!!! TelNav found an obscure address that Google maps didn't find, but Google maps has more detailed maps and seems a bit faster.
    What is the 'free TelNav'? Where can I get that?

Thanks!

The basic TeleNav came preloaded on my AT&T Curve. It's good for directions, but the maps aren't as detailed as google maps and you don't get the nifty traffic display. You can set preferences though - like shortest route vs. fastest route, highway vs. local roads. The premium TeleNav has a monthly fee, and works with a gps puck to give you voice guided turn by turn directions in real time.

I suppose you could get TelNav off the AT&T OS? I'm not sure if you'd have to do more to unlock it for other carriers. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Last edited by mdys; 08-06-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12