Whats good everyone Well heres the deal, i just got a curve, and everythings okay, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

KingOfSJ no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry Desktop Software help

Advertisement

Whats good everyone

Well heres the deal, i just got a curve, and everythings okay, except when i try to install the desktop software so i can sync it with my computer and what not.

this keeps coming up....

"Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complet could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom Action RIM_installOptionalITAdminFiles script error -2147023782, : Line 8, Column 1, "

before i actually go as far and go back to my AT&T store, does anyone have a suggestion on what i can do/download to fix this?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software help

do a search for the desk top software (upper right corner of the screen)....download it right from the site, I have heard that some CDs were messed up
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Try this link:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

You want V4.2 SP2
    The download will take a while but it should work for you. Like Sasha says it sounds like your
    CD came corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

LOL I knew someone would come along and find the link for you. I stink with that search button!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

np

thanks sasha

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSJ
    Whats good everyone

Well heres the deal, i just got a curve, and everythings okay, except when i try to install the desktop software so i can sync it with my computer and what not.

this keeps coming up....

"Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complet could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom Action RIM_installOptionalITAdminFiles script error -2147023782, : Line 8, Column 1, "

before i actually go as far and go back to my AT&T store, does anyone have a suggestion on what i can do/download to fix this?
    This is a poblem with the Windows Installer. There is a script that you need to run. This information is available on the Windows Tech Support Support site. Error message when you try to run an .msi file to install an add-in for Visio 2007 on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package"

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

KingOfSJ no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey i got the problem fixed..it was that script thing ^^^this guys talking about...just downloaded that package and it ran perfect and installed....just stoppin by to say thanks for the feedback peeps