The Blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry device software for the device that you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

javi no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Desktop Software

Advertisement

The Blackberry desktop software does not have Blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless provider or your system administrator. I keep getting this message everytime I connect my BB Curve to the desktop manager. I want to add applications but I cant connect to this. I tried Desktop Software Version 4.3 and the newer version and both failed. Need help please.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Have you rebooted your PC?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    the error is from NOT having a device *operating system* on your PC.

you need to visit your carrier's website to download the device OS for your BB (i would link you straight to it, but your profile doesn't show any information). be sure after the download is complete that you install it as well

my carrier is Tmobile sir. Can you help me now?

On the t mobile website it says install Handheld Software (v 4.2.2.180) and thats exactly what I have in my BB curve installed already. So what can I do? Thanks.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    you need to download it and install it on your PC so that DM can recognize your BB...this is also how you would load a new OS onto your BB or downgrade your BB's OS...hope this helps

Desktop Manager Software (v 4.3.0.17) English with Media Manager is what I have downloaded to my PC.

PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes! that's what you need to download! you need it on your PC in addtion to it being installed on your berry

i'm not the best at explaining technical stuff, but DM need the device OS to be able to decipher what on your PC is compatible.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    he needs to install the handheld software onto his PC...that's the step he's missing

PIN/ID
    ATA
    ya, you posted, then he posted and mine ended up being the last post but that's what i was trying to tell him too

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    lol that's what i figured...just making sure for him cause i know how confusing this can get some times with all the OS and DM stuff...anyways let us know how it goes javi or if you need help...bueno suerte

GREAT I GOT IT!!! I needed to download it to my PC. Now im going to see if I can change my themes. Thanks all.

can any 1 of you send me a private message to help me install some themes? Im sure its in a thread in the website but may be i can get a 1on 1 ; )