Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am having the same issue. I updated to the tmobile OS and the media ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dilemma no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

I am having the same issue. I updated to the tmobile OS and the media card keeps locking up my phone. I reformatted the card and everything was fine until I tried to transfer my files back. The phone locked back up. I'll try the above method.

I deleted the BBThumbs.dat (view hidden files) and my memory card seems to work now.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good to hear, dilemma!

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I swear some of these carriers need to put some select stackers on their payroll. I think it is funny that a lot of stackers no WAY MORE about blackberrys or trouble shooting blackberrys, than most carriers teck teams. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Joe, it helps that PinStack is the best dang place around to learn this stuff!

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Amen to that rogro!!! Pinstack is better disney land! ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

butcheredboy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just wondering if you installed the new OS with the memory card in the device. I read somewhere that it needs to be removed during installation. I did that, and so far have not had any issues like you have described. I'm not saying that this is the answer to your problem, but merely a possibility.

blackharleymike no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2568EF6D
    i´ve got a bb 8110 with a 8 gb sandisk memory card and the device is running os 4.5.0.81 from vodafone australia. before i´ve upgraded to 4.5.0.81, the bb was running under 4.5.0.55, what was the official release form vodafone in germany and i´m from germany. What can i say "I haven´t had any probs with the memory card, neither with.81 nor with the .55."
    please don´t leave the bb-community. i´m sure that someone in the stacks will be able to help you. cross my fingers for you an your bb.

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B
    I converted back to 4.2 and since then, I am scared to even attempt to try it. It took me this long just to go back to where I need to be. I am still debaiting on what to do. I work for sprint, so I am deciding to get the new PRO with a dealer plan.
    Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

ssconceptz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207A8950
    Recently got my 8320 and upgraded to v4.5 and it has been out before this thread was made so not sure what youa re talking about saying that v4.5 just came out. Loaded fine on my device with no issues what so ever. It added alot of features and cleaned up alot of apps. I love the video recorder and voice notes. Hope they add more features with v4.6.

I used the NEW Desktop Manager to do my install, maybe you didnt?
    BlackBerry 8320 Titanium v4.5 T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ssconceptz View Post
    Recently got my 8320 and upgraded to v4.5 and it has been out before this thread was made so not sure what youa re talking about saying that v4.5 just came out. Loaded fine on my device with no issues what so ever. It added alot of features and cleaned up alot of apps. I love the video recorder and voice notes. Hope they add more features with v4.6.

I used the NEW Desktop Manager to do my install, maybe you didnt?
    ssconceptz,

Welcome to PinStack!

Since you're new to the forums, please read through this thread to learn your way around.

As for the issues at hand, the official TMO 4.5 OS did just come out recently. Many Stackers here have reported problems when upgrading their OS with a media card in the device. In more cases than not, data on the card somehow gets corrupted, causing the device to act strangely, including the reboot cycle that andrew has described. Reformatting the card in the device seems to solve most of these issues, but sometimes it's necessary to go a little deeper and clean up the data itself. Not sure if that method will help the original poster, but I don't think the version of DM he used to perform the upgrade is the root cause of this issue. It would, however be helpful to know if that was tried at all during this process.

Cheers,
    Roger

ssconceptz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207A8950
    I upgraded with a 256MB card still in the device.
    BlackBerry 8320 Titanium v4.5 T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by ssconceptz View Post
    I upgraded with a 256MB card still in the device.
    Well, you're one of the lucky ones, then!

I took my card out during the upgrade and had previously had another version of the .81 OS installed. I did not have memory card issues until after I installed the Tmobile version. The card is working now.

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B
    Yup I am running the most current version of Desktop manager. For some reason today, I was having trouble with my phone I went into my pictures and something happens. I took the battery out of the phone, and everything on my memory card was gone. Lucky for me I had backed up my memmory card a few days ago. I tried reformatting my card, but it say card was invalid.

so I think now that all this has happened I may try upgrading again to the new 4.5, since I have a brand new memory card in there allready. I will do it later tonight or tommorrow and let everyone know what happens.
    Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast