Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

ok, So I have been waiting, and waiting for T-mobile to release 4.5 and what ... BlackBerry Curve forum

andrewd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24F779B

Blackberry Customer Service is CRAP on 4.5

Advertisement

ok, So I have been waiting, and waiting for T-mobile to release 4.5 and what do I find out yesterday it was released. A few months ago I saw that I was able to put any 4.5 version onto my 8320 as long as I delete the file, the computer will read it and I can upgrade. I did that with Orange, and an (8310M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL2.7.0.66_A4.5.0.52_TIM_Ita ly) Version both version's loaded just fine, but when I put my memory card into the phone and start to browse throught my pictures the device restarts, and restarts, and restarts, and restarts. ok no big deal, I then clear the device and loade it again trying both software without the memory card in the device, 4.5 loads I place the memory card back in and it does it again. I finally say forget it and I will just wait for 4.5 with t-mobile to come out. 4.5 is released yesterday today I installed it and what happens again it restarts again, and again, and again. so I format my memory card and try that no luck. I call T-mobile they have me wipe the device, did that same problems. I am now get on the phone with RIM, they have my wipe the device and same problem. If I take the memory card out of the device it works just fine. I tried a different memory card (same problem)

So after 3 hours on the phone with RIM they tell me that because 4.5 is so new that, they think it is a software issue and they wont send me a replacement device. I noted to them that if this is a software issue then everyone who has t-mobile and updated to the 4.5 would be having this issue and you will be flooded with calls. RIM says to me, that all I can do is go back to 4.2 and wait and see if it's a software problem. Is it just me or does these seam like a hardware issuse?? I have no problem going to verizon curve with 4.5 putting in my memory card, and it works.

I think I am done with blackberry off to a windows device I go. Any suggestions will be helpful.
    Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a 8320 and I've been using 4.5 (several versions) for quite a while now, with a media card that I never even removed to upgrade. No problems at all like you described.

I would suggest that, before you bail out of BB, you reload a 4.3 or 4.2 (or whatever is a non-4.5 stable OS) and try to reproduce the problem to eliminate the OS. I would also suggest that you try another memory card just to be sure it's not that.

This can't be this difficult to isolate the problem. Also, we've probably got a lot more experience at Pinstack with 4.5 than the T-Mobile reps do at this point - I assume that's who you spoke with. Realize that they haven't been supporting very long at all.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

R0ME0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    agreed I love 4.5 it might be a faulty phone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
    agreed I love 4.5 it might be a faulty phone.
    I know CS can be frustrating, especially as long as you spent, but give Pinstack a try. We have many experts here (I'm not one) that can help you out.

I just want to encourage you to not leave BB so fast. If you like BB's I think you might not be as happy with a Windows device. It's only my opinion and I'm not knocking them - not exactly anyway.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    I would definitely tell you that Pinstack is a much better way of resolving your problem then calling customer service or RIM. The people here on the "Stacks" have truly dealt with the issues you are dealing with and not in a call center environment where they have a book to read from of how to resolve issue x and issue y.

I have seen many posts on here about "Stackers" having issues with upgrading their device to 4.5 with memory card issues.

Have you tried a different version of 4.5, such as 4.5.66 for example? Or maybe your memory card is now corrupt. Have you tried a different memory card?

I would truly suggest trying a different OS version and see if that resolves your issue, if not, one more way to narrow down the issue to being device specific.

And just to add, I am running 4.5.0.66 on an Alltel 8330 and have had no issues. I just upgraded one of my employee's 8310, on AT&T, to 4.5.0.77(or 75, don't remember) this morning and he has had no issues.
    Last edited by KalebsDad78; 10-21-2008 at 05:49 PM.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It seems like the media card hasn't been formatted properly.

I installed 4.5 when it first came out and my 8120 didn't recognize the media card after the upgrade. Try the following:

1) Reformat the card (Options>Media Card>Menu key>Format Card).

2) Reboot BB.

3) Connect to PC. Enable Mass Storage Support options (Options>Media Card. Change Media Card Support to On. Change Mass Storage Mode Support to On.

4) Reload whatever you had on it.

PIN/ID
    24F779B
    I can't reproduct the same problem with 4.2.. Only with the 4.5 software. I have tried several memory cards they work fine with the 4.2 but when 4.5 comes on theres the problem again.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Don't abandon BB! You'll get it resolved

greatgoogly no está en línea Stack level 1
    You need to reformat your SD card. This is a known issue. Copy your data off the SD card and then format it in your Blackberry Options>Media Card then format. Copy your SD data back and you should be good.

PIN/ID
    24F779B
    Tried it erica same problem. I went back to 4.2 until I can figure out what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I know CS can be frustrating, especially as long as you spent, but give Pinstack a try. We have many experts here (I'm not one) that can help you out.

I just want to encourage you to not leave BB so fast. If you like BB's I think you might not be as happy with a Windows device. It's only my opinion and I'm not knocking them - not exactly anyway.
    This is so true. I bailed on BlackBerry last year several times (had 3 8100's in one year) and went back to the SideKick 3, which now has a faulty trackball. I am so happy I decided to come back from the dark side because I would have never bought my 8120 that I've had for 5 months now.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewd View Post

So after 3 hours on the phone with RIM they tell me that because 4.5 is so new that, they think it is a software issue and they wont send me a replacement device. I noted to them that if this is a software issue then everyone who has t-mobile and updated to the 4.5 would be having this issue and you will be flooded with calls. RIM says to me, that all I can do is go back to 4.2 and wait and see if it's a software problem. Is it just me or does these seam like a hardware issuse?? I have no problem going to verizon curve with 4.5 putting in my memory card, and it works.
    Are you serious??????? I called T-Mo (I have never had to call RIM directly) TWICE for software issues on 2 8100's last year and had new BB's in a week's time. Only reason I can think of for them saying this is because the phone has passed the 1 year warranty date. How long have you had the phone? My 3rd 8100 was having fits. I emailed T-Mo (faster replies than calling them) and found out the warranty had expired but fortunately I was able to upgrade.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-21-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Anela808 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    4M32KN0W
    andrewd ok, So I have been waiting, and waiting for T-mobile to release 4.5 and what do I find out yesterday it was released. A few months ago I saw that I was able to put any 4.5 version onto my 8320 as long as I delete the file, the computer will read it and I can upgrade. I did that with Orange, and an (8310M_PBr4.5.0_rel75_PL2.7.0.66_A4.5.0.52_TIM_Ita ly) Version both version's loaded just fine, but when I put my memory card into the phone and start to browse throught my pictures the device restarts, and restarts, and restarts, and restarts. ok no big deal, I then clear the device and loade it again trying both software without the memory card in the device, 4.5 loads I place the memory card back in and it does it again. I finally say forget it and I will just wait for 4.5 with t-mobile to come out. 4.5 is released yesterday today I installed it and what happens again it restarts again, and again, and again. so I format my memory card and try that no luck. I call T-mobile they have me wipe the device, did that same problems. I am now get on the phone with RIM, they have my wipe the device and same problem. If I take the memory card out of the device it works just fine. I tried a different memory card (same problem)
    I am having this same exact problem right now!

*edit: I just got off the phone with tmobile. They had me reload 4.5, that didnt help so they told me to take it back to the store since I just got in 4 days ago. The rep said she thinks the OS is corrupted because others have called with the same problem.*
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-27-2008 at 12:42 PM. Reason: fix quote box
    PIN: 2485D13B

"We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same."

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This might be of assistance to some of you, posted by another Stacker with similar issues several weeks ago (this of course requires you to have the Media Manager version of Desktop Manager installed on your PC):

1. Using Desktop Manager / Media Manager, copy the entire contents of your media card to your PC.

2. Format the media card using your 4.5 device.

3. Using Media Manager, I noticed that some of my pictures had nothing in the attributes column. Therefore, copy only those images that have attributes back onto the media card.

That seems to have done it for me. Just as a test I put a couple pics on the media card that had nothing in the attribute column and my device started rebooting again.

Within Roxio Media Manager, I used the top window to show the pictures on my PC and the bottom window to show my BB. The view defaults to "Thumbnails" because most people like that option. I changed it to to "Details" (select View\View As\Details).

Looking at it in this view, you'll see that your pictures are listed with 5 columns of information. Specifically they are File Name, File Size, Date Created, Attributes, and Date Modified. For the majority of my pictures, the Attributes column lists the pixels, bits, and dpi (i.e. 2592x1944 pixels, 24-bit, 180 dpi) but I noticed that some of them had that column blank.

Next I selected all of my pictures and then deselected those that had that column blank. When I transferred only the pictures with attributes information back to the media card it seems to have worked and I've had no problems since. Granted, this means I was not able to get all of my pictures back on the media card, but I only lost a few.
    Last edited by RogerG; 10-27-2008 at 02:03 PM.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    RoGro to the rescue again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast