Help!!! Please. I have a Blackberry Curve. It will not recoginze when it is connected ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jwm4480 no está en línea Stack level 2

Blackberry Curve wont recognize any pc

Advertisement

Help!!! Please. I have a Blackberry Curve. It will not recoginze when it is connected to any pc. I have tried my home pc, my laptop, and a friends. His Blackberry syncs fine with all the same machines. Have tried all the recommendations as far as reloading the desktop manager and the device drivers etc.. I am confident the problem lies with the phone itself..... It will charge fine with a ac/dc charger, but when you hook it to the usb on the pc, it shows the charge symbol for about 3-5 seconds then it goes off, and does not see that it is hooked to the computer. If anyone has any ideas please help!

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Do you have a copy of the OS that is on your phone installed on the P-C that you're trying to link up with? ...and if it's not from your carrier, is the vendor file deleted?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

AshleyKent no está en línea Stack level 1
    I think you have to get a new phone, hopefully you still have to warranty

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If it charges completely with the ad/dc charger it should do the same with the a p-c, whether it recognizes that it's connected or not. As far as I know the pins for the charger work the same regardless of what it's plugged into. I was suspecting an OS - DM logical connection problem. I could be wrong of course and it could be the USB.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind

Smile

You need to install the desktop manager to your PC. If you still have the disc that came in the box with your phone, just load it into your CD drive, and follow the instructions. Then try.
    On a side note, when you do get it installed.... Upgrade to latest OS. You'll find several links for that here on pinstack.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwm4480 View Post
    Help!!! Please. I have a Blackberry Curve. It will not recoginze when it is connected to any pc. I have tried my home pc, my laptop, and a friends. His Blackberry syncs fine with all the same machines. Have tried all the recommendations as far as reloading the desktop manager and the device drivers etc.. I am confident the problem lies with the phone itself..... It will charge fine with a ac/dc charger, but when you hook it to the usb on the pc, it shows the charge symbol for about 3-5 seconds then it goes off, and does not see that it is hooked to the computer. If anyone has any ideas please help!

kingbapho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3024BC9C
    If the above doesn't work try to unplug anything usb but keyboard mouse blackberry , diable all firewall anti virus programs as well if that does not work create a new user on your pc then try it again !

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    Before you do anything however, try downloading just the USB drivers from BlackBerry's website and see if that doesn't solve your problem:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...rc5bnyczNpsg**
    Select USB drivers from the drop down menu.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one."
    Jesus, Luke 22:36

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
    Gen. John Pershing, U.S. Army

Still no luck

Thanks for all the tips....however, I have tried all this stuff after doing research on the problem from other treads over the last couple of days. I still cannot get it to work. It is a newer phone, but I have had it sync before without any issues to my machine. Since I have tried on multiple machines and my friend can sync his on my machines without any issues, it leads me to believe that there is some setting on the phone..... Does anyone have any experience with this? I have seen some suggestions to "wipe" my phone, but I am leary of doing this because.
    1. I would like to back it up before I do it.
    2. If I wipe it and it still doesnt sync, then I will be without a phone all together!

Any suggestions??? Thanks for all the help so far.
    Last edited by jwm4480; 11-27-2008 at 04:22 PM.

Lvallejo666 no está en línea Stack level 3
    My brother,
    I have the same problem with mine. I wanted to upgrade to OS 4.5 but my pc won't read my phone. Also, to charge my phone, I have to plug it into my phone only half ways for it to charge. If its all the way in, the charge symbol will go on for 3 seconds then it goes away and won't charge. At&t said its a defect and would replace it for me but since I got it refurb, it only has 90 days warranty :'(
    Bastards.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    When you and everyone else are trying to connect to these machines, are you all using the same usb cable? IF not, try connecting with the cable your bro is using.... IT sounds like you may have busted a pin in the USB connector on your BB. If another cable doesn't fix the problem, or everyone can connect using your cable, it is a problem with the connector.

The BB only requires 2 of the pins when charging from the wall. When charging from USB it is utilizing all the pins. If you have busted a pin or even bent one, the device and pc don't know what to do with each other.

I had this problem with a curve from the past. I had grabbed it off my deskt forgetting it was plugged in. The net result was the connector was bent. I could charge from the wall but not from USB or car cigarette lighters....

It was the best thing that ever happened for my BOLD came from the wreckage... :-)
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 11-27-2008 at 07:47 PM.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Thanks to all for you help. It sounds as though this is a pin problem with my usb connection on my phone, because I have used every combo of cable and machine possible and other phones still work and mine doesnt. It is a brand new phone less than 6 mos. old, so I will try to get it fixed through warranty. I will let you all know what the final outcome is once I try to fix this thru warranty. It sounds like others have had the same problems. Happy Thanksgiving.