I have recently started using my BB Curve (great !). I did a synch to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MKA
    MKA no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Curve Sync Problems with Outlook

Advertisement

I have recently started using my BB Curve (great !). I did a synch to copy all my Outlook Calendar to the handheld which went fine. There are many appointments going back several years. Now I find that although all the appointments are shown on my BB, they are not shown in Outlook more that three months back. All items going forward are fine. My Desktop Manager is configured to transfer all scheduled items, and I've tried the 'Import' and 'Export' options within the Desktop Manager synch configuration. Any suggestions please as to how I can get my Outlook to show the full Calendar as appears in my BB? Is this a BB problem or an Outlook problem? Thanks.

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BlackBerry Curve Sync Problems with Outlook

Quote Originally Posted by MKA
    I have recently started using my BB Curve (great !). I did a synch to copy all my Outlook Calendar to the handheld which went fine. There are many appointments going back several years. Now I find that although all the appointments are shown on my BB, they are not shown in Outlook more that three months back. All items going forward are fine. My Desktop Manager is configured to transfer all scheduled items, and I've tried the 'Import' and 'Export' options within the Desktop Manager synch configuration. Any suggestions please as to how I can get my Outlook to show the full Calendar as appears in my BB? Is this a BB problem or an Outlook problem? Thanks.
    Yes many of us have had problems with syncing to Outlook. Finally the patch is available. Here is the link to the Calendar Patch. Seems to take care of most problems. Scroll down the the bottom of the page.
    http://www.blackberry.com/select/calendarPatch2007/
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

MKA

[quote=Dream Rider]Yes many of us have had problems with syncing to Outlook. Finally the patch is available. Here is the link to the Calendar Patch. Seems to take care of most problems. Scroll down the the bottom of the page.

Thanks Dream Rider, this seems to have resolved the problem . Why don't BB e-mail us automatically when they update things like this?
    The patch also seems to have resolved another problem I had, the subject of another post of mine. I was having a problem with the Search function in Calendar. When I searched for an item it would identify say X entries in my Calendar and show 'Calendar (X)' when the search finished. When I clicked on the findings it would come up with '* No Appointments *'. This patch seems to have resolved that problem too!
    Thanks again!

MKA

Dream Rider, I'm afraid another problem has come up . When I went to do a synch after installing the patch you suggested, it is clear that all my entries in my BB Calendar are now being recognised. But after the Desktop Manager has read all those entries an error message comes up 'Duplicate entries found on the handheld', and it does not let me go any further. When I press OK on the error message (there's no other option) the whole synch process terminates. Any suggestions please?

Dream Rider no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by MKA
    Dream Rider, I'm afraid another problem has come up . When I went to do a synch after installing the patch you suggested, it is clear that all my entries in my BB Calendar are now being recognised. But after the Desktop Manager has read all those entries an error message comes up 'Duplicate entries found on the handheld', and it does not let me go any further. When I press OK on the error message (there's no other option) the whole synch process terminates. Any suggestions please?
    To start with I'm not real sure what is happening or what to do about it. That said,
    I'm thinking that it has something to do with the way the calendar entries were stored on your hand held before the update. If all your entries are now in Outlook you might concider doing a backup and then device wipe. In DM select the advanced option in backup and restore and check everything you want to save EXCEPT your calendar. After the backup, wipe your handheld, restore your settings and then try to sync with Outlook.

Again I'm not real sure what to do so this is just an educated (or ignorant) guess. Anyone else with comments or ideas?
    If you're going to dream - Dream Large!

MKA

Thanks Dream Rider, but it resolved itself! But thanks for taking the time.