Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not to mention email. No data no emails... BlackBerry Curve forum

myberrysrblack no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: BlackBerry Curve OR T-Mobile Wing?

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not to mention email. No data no emails

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6

Just go for the wing, and once you finally figure out that you don't like, it return it, and buy a curve.

xflipzpridex no está en línea Stack level 2

but both phones have wifi. so that would make internet free. wouldnt it?

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

I had the Wing. I hacked the os, overclocked the CPU, added a gig memory card......

And I went back to a Blackberry (8320)

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Windows Mobile OS is horrible. Terrible. Laggy, crashy, and just.. terribad. I've used a few WM phones (Dash, Treos, Blackjack, etc) and I always end up returning them. I almost got the Wing because of the form factor, but I decided against it. My friend bought it a few months back and hated it, she finally went back to a sidekick on Christmas.

I would even recommend a SIDEKICK over a Wing. It's Curve or nothing.

..mabye an iPhone. Jk.

luckysbie no está en línea Stack level 1

I had about the same dilemma. I know someone who got the Wing, and I played with it for a bit and was unimpressed. I also talked to a few people that had experience with the phones and sold them and they said absolutely don't get it. Not to mention that the specs are rather poor too, in comparison to the other similar phones available. I certain I'll be happy with my BB Curve purchase.

jonnymilba no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've had both phones, get the curve. Everything is easier on it. The wing locked up twice in the first weekend, curve hasn't locked up once yet.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by xflipzpridex View Post
    Hello there. Well I'm planning to get a new phone in a month or two, and im REALLY REALLY having a hard time deciding what phone to get. So as u can tell by the title of this thread, I'm a T-mobile user. I want a phone with a full qwerty keyboard, and ive narrowed my decision to the tmobile wing and the blackberry curve. They both seem great, but im realy liking the slide out keyboard of the tmobile wing. Also, I'm not going to buy data for any of these devices, so taking that into consideration, what do you guys think i should get? Please give reasons THANX
    Had them both, Curve is what you want. Battery life, email, browsing, speed, etc all in favor of the curve. Wing is a decent phone, but the 200mhz processor and low RAM make it a bad choice. I had 23 phones in 11 months (phone addiction ont ask) and I've seen and used most of what's been out and I can say I always come back to my Blackberries. Although if I were you I'd wait a couple weeks when the 8820 comes out with tmobile....

cysmith1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21c7a8a2

Curve! Definitely! The Wing looks good with the slideout keyboard and all but its slow as a turtle. I had an SDA and glad I now have the Pearl.

samthagreat no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i got a blackberry 8320 and I got a wing I use the wing at work so I don't damage my curve, the curve is better but the wing isn't trash like the people here are trying to make it seem, and if you want web with out the data plan go for the wing the blackberry has wifi but isn't as good as the wings just my thought

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    I had 23 phones in 11 months (phone addiction ont ask) and I've seen and used most of what's been out and I can say I always come back to my Blackberries.
    Wow!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by cysmith1 View Post
    Curve! Definitely! The Wing looks good with the slideout keyboard and all but its slow as a turtle. I had an SDA and glad I now have the Pearl.
    I almost bought the SDA when I got my 7105t although I still have a craving for that phone, the WM 5 or 6 platform (in a small package similar to the SDA) or the Palm OS platform just to play around with.

stormyone no está en línea Stack level 2

would the Curve be considered a smart phone or a pocket pc? IMO the Wing is a pocket PC which technically is different than a smart phone. As such there are some slight differences so its like comparing nectarines and peaches.... they are similar, but definitely different.... so a person needs to decide what they will be using the phone for, more pc like stuff or just smart phone stuff... while I like the BB, I also like the touch screen features of the Wing.... get one of each....

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I have had both. There is no comparison. The wing is just average at best. Whereas the BlackBerry is simply outstanding.

If you are not going to get a data plan, that's a huge mistake. Why spend the money for a phone that is designed around email, Internet & other net centric apps like RSS etc?

I rarely suggest downgrading but in your case you would save money by getting the right phone & not over buying. A sidekick would probably suit your needs the best.

Remember it's about how you are truly going to use it, not what it looks like, or what you _think_ you are going to do with it.

Finally should you accept the fact that a data plan is a very smart choice, then get yourself a BB Curve and you will really have a great phone.

via Red BB 8310 Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

hah go for wing without data, as overall aplications are better, but in the future, you might get data, and well there you will cry
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast