i recently got a blackberry curve on t-mobile uk but i'm having trouble finding an ... BlackBerry Curve forum

darling no está en línea Stack level 1

blackberry curve on t-mobile uk

Advertisement

i recently got a blackberry curve on t-mobile uk but i'm having trouble finding an aim that works on it, i've tried jivetalk, ramble and movachat so i've come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with either my tcp settings or maybe people in the uk just can't use them. is there anyone who can help me out with this?

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: blackberry curve on t-mobile uk

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sure I can help, I've got an 8310 working with jivetalk on T-Mobile UK. The tcp settings you need are:
    APN: General.t-mobile.UK
    Username: User
    Password: Mms

Any other issues pin me on pin:2061225b

darling no está en línea Stack level 1

i've tried jivetalk repeatedly with those settings but it doesn't seem to want to work for me. however, i've discovered aim+ and that seems to be working alright. thank you very much for trying anyway!

markpeace no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

Have either of you managed to get Opera Mini working? I'm just getting a 'can't connect to network' type message regardless of settings. This is something that seems to happen lots with web-linked applications.

Cheers,
    Mark

thelonelyone no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by darling View Post
    i recently got a blackberry curve on t-mobile uk but i'm having trouble finding an aim that works on it, i've tried jivetalk, ramble and movachat so i've come to the conclusion that there must be something wrong with either my tcp settings or maybe people in the uk just can't use them. is there anyone who can help me out with this?
    hi i have the same problem i cant connect to na4all or amazegps the message i am getting is about my tcp settings i have tried many times with no luck...

any ideas

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im on TmO uk with pearl. Use IM+ every day no problem. Also have yahoo messenger as a seperate application. Hayden has posted link. It really is good and integrates with BB well. I also use both opera mini browsers. They are so different from each other!Don't forgetsettings different uk than US for TMO

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Quote Originally Posted by seabirdone View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im on TmO uk with pearl. Use IM+ every day no problem. Also have yahoo messenger as a seperate application. Hayden has posted link. It really is good and integrates with BB well. I also use both opera mini browsers. They are so different from each other!Don't forgetsettings different uk than US for TMO
    Yeah.. def grab the IM+ 50 dollars but you'll find it well worth it if you cannot use JiveTalk.

pete.milliga no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: blackberry curve on t-mobile uk

I too have a curve on T-Mobile UK.

Two things bother me here;

1. My conversation with 2nd line support at T-Mobile - They suggested that much of the non BIS/BES traffic was being filtered by T-Mo (This is new). Can anyone confirm?
    2. The Only apps that I can use successfully seem to be those that are BIS/BES friendly (e.g. ToDoMatrix). Apps that rely upon TCP settings don't seem to work at all (yes I have my TCP settings set up correctly).
    All TCP apps worked fine with my 8707, but with the curve, I've got problems (which might suggest that the chap I spoke to in (1) may have been mis-informed himself.

I'd like to hear of similar problems to know that I'm not alone here. A solution (or at least knowing what to look for) would be great too.

Cheers,

Pete
    Last edited by pete.milliga; 01-20-2008 at 02:10 PM.