So I got the Curve 8310 with GPS only TWO months ago, and I babied ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Curve crapped out after only TWO months!??

Advertisement

So I got the Curve 8310 with GPS only TWO months ago, and I babied it for those two months, when I'm usually rough on my gadgets, with no problems. After 10 years of owning cellphones on every carrier except Verizon, this is the very first time that this has happened.

I'm getting my replacement tomorrow under the warranty, and the rep who waived the overnight fee for me also said that they (the warranty dept.) rarely gets calls about Blackberry's that have gone bad. Sony Ericsson and Blackjack's are the top "bad phones", she said.

I LOVE my Blackberry, and I've come to rely on it so much that using my backup phone, the AT&T Tilt, is still a pain in the butt, even though it's a nice phone, and has 3G.

In addition, a friend of mine said he was on his THIRD Curve, and I just couldn't relate, as I had never experienced a phone busting on me out of nowhere like this. It was NOT a matter of liquid damage, or it dropping it constantly, etc., and most especially this one, as I said, because it is the ONE phone I made sure to keep in like-new condition for a reason. That being that I am going to give it to my GF, who doesn't care about 3G. She needs a BB, however, as she is almost a lawyer (taking the bar on Monday).

I've been waiting for the Blackberry BOLD (9000 series), which will replace my Curve as my main device.

So...my question is...does this happen a lot with Blackberry's?? Arghh...

I really missed 3G...lol. Another reason why I hope to see this baby in the VERY near future!

Being that the BB's used to be business-only devices, and that they have only recently become mainstream PDA's, the build quality has to be of a higher standard than this, I would think (and hope).

So again, have you guys experienced any problems with your BB's?? Doesn't matter which?

Also, if anybody has an ETA on the Bold, please do share.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Crunchdude,

I think the experiences of you and your friend are the exception and far from the norm. I've had my 8310 since December with nary an issue and I'm sure many others will attest to that who are far harder on their devices than I am.

So here's at least one vote of confidence to not lose yours in these fantastic devices!

Roger

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

If you've gone 10 years without ever having to replace a phone, you are an anomoly. It is technology. It is mass produced. Things happen.

Yes I have seen my fair share of bad Blackberrys, but you have to consider how many are out there.

I can however say, Blackberrys are the best quality device I have ever laid my hands on.

Don't get soured by one bad Blackberry. It doesn't get any better.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

By that I mean you won't find anything better than a Blackberry.

prayerpilgrim no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Been there- recently

I am on ATT and have been for 5 years, after 8 with Sprint. That said, I don't believe what you experienced is a carrier issue. My SECOND 8310 Curve took a header about two months ago, and I too was issued a replacement refurb, expedited at no cost. However, that replacement refurb also suddenly started malfunctioning and I am now on my 3rd. I had never dropped ANY of the units, never got wet, never exposed to heat, etc and always either had it holstered or sitting on my desktop charger.
    The problem, I surmise, is a software issue. My first 8310 simply locked up. I did a wipe and restore and nothing. My second one (the refurb) trackball started moving on it's own (not the ball but the cursor) and I had NO control. This unit- an 8310 I have had for about a month and so far, knock on wood, has not had any issues other than slowing down and needing a couple of soft resets.
    Having owned other units before the Curve, I believe they are the best multi functional handsets on the market. However, they (RIM) needs to be cognicent that SOMETHING is causing failures outside of wear and tear. This kind of thing can really put a black eye on a beauty queen.

Stephen
    Stephen Williams
    20B8131E
    stephen_williams@att.blackberry.net

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great, folks. That's what I thought. AT&T's enterprise-level customer service got me another full-kit brand new one, and the nice man from FedEx delivered it today.

I just remember when I was into the Treo's, and when I went, for the 20 hours it took to get a new Curve 8310 delivered to me (AT&T is the best!), with my Treo 750, I couldn't seem to kill them for the life of me. Even my Treo 650 still works.

At any rate, all of my friends who I told about this say the same thing you guys say, so I've got my confidence back in the Blackberry's.

By the way, how do I get my @att.blackberry.net email address back, as I have a new PIN now??

Thanks to all of you!

Bold, where art thou? Man, it was nice to browse @ 3G speeds again.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

Use the DM's Switch Device Wizard or go into your BIS account and enter the new PIN and IMEI numbers there.

Welcome back!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I haven't had an issue with any of my bbs. I have used 7100, 8700, 8100, 8310, 8320, 8820. I think that covers it.

A new pin shouldn't change your email. You need to go to the BIS site on the new bb and it will ask about associating your account with the new pin and you should be good.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I have also gone through a lot with my phone. I've dropped it so many times and abused the hell out of it. For instance, last week I dropped it as I was on my way to a soccer match and my camera flash stopped working and after a few adjustments it resurrected. I think the more you take care of something that's when the worse and unimaginable things do happen. Try not to pamper it so much lol let it have fun; it's ok to let it outta the house naked every now and then. It's ok if you drop it just don't scrape it or break the housing. Show it off don't hide it inside a foil wrapped sleeve either. Good luck with your new BB. Oh I forgot to mention I've had this bb for a while now too .