Hi all I have recently switched from a blackberry pearl to the curve, the process ... BlackBerry Curve forum

nnr81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    217D58B0

Blackberry Curve Call log being wiped off

Advertisement

Hi all

I have recently switched from a blackberry pearl to the curve, the process was smooth and am really enjoying the new phone. But in the last few days i have been noticing that my call log seems to clear itself all the time.

If i open the call log the screen that appears tells me my number and asks me to "type a name or number to make a call"

Can someone help... i need my call logs to stay as long as possible...

cheers

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Blackberry Curve Call log being wiped off

This is a common problem due to memory being full.

The phone will automatically delete calls logs and sms if it gets close to being full...

One huge tip is to delete all of the extra applications and languages in the phone that you do not use. This will free up a huge amount of memory and you shouldn't have any problems. However, if you have a lot of files, you may want to look into getting a nice sized media card.

Check this out: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    217D58B0

I have checked my media card i have 947mb free out of 960mb... i have since done a search through my messages... the majority of them are gone... will these ever re appear? what do i do to get them back? how do i check the actual memory on the device not the micro sd card?

There's not going to be any way to get those messages back once deleted sorry...
    As for checking the memory status, go to Options --> Status. It will list your free and used space in there.
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    217D58B0

How do i delete languages off the device, from the device?

I have checked on status file free- 90443, file total 52953088bytes...

So if i synch my phone will it reinstate my messages? will help if i got a bigger sd card?

A bigger SD card will definitely work!
    If you want to delete your languages, go to Options ==> Advanced Options ==> Applications ==> and just delete all of the languages from there that you don't need.

After that, just do a battery pull and you're set! It frees up a lot more than you think.
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    217D58B0

my total application database size is 668.3K.
    and i dont see any application under the name of Languages?

PIN/ID
    217D58B0

I followed the link above , and the advice given, file free memory is up to 8565207... i guess i will start looking after the device a little more , back it up etc... if there are any other recommendation please let me know.

Thanks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Messages and call logs don't reside on your media card so that won't help you in clearing memory. Going through the setup wizard will help you in deleting unused messages. Anything else can be cleared by using the directions above.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    217D58B0

Dcooksta- most of my messages have now already dissappeared, what should i do?

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by nnr81 View Post
    Dcooksta- most of my messages have now already dissappeared, what should i do?
    I didn't mean messages, I should have said "languages". The messages you lost were most likely deleted by phone due to your low memory. Follow where others have pointed to try and get more free space. There are a lot of places to look: call logs, phone logs, unused languages, unused apps, sample video, and if you're a bit more advanced, unused themes can also be deleted.

slimm1600 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have no extra languages nor cluttered applications. I have a 2gb card and I still have 1gb left. I have no ringtones, pics, videos, or music on my device. But they are on the card. And my logs, text, and mms still get wiped out after the files free goes to 0. What should I do?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Try upgrading your OS if there is one out for that particular model. I remember some people saying some OS's are memory drainers.

sparkyj1462 no está en línea Stack level 1

I have also had this problem and i try to keep up with deleting messages and the such to keep my memory freed up. I have also deleted languages and apps that i do not use. But it still seems to happen. Also it seems like when the phone does this "auto delete", it seems that it deletes incoming sms's before i even get the notification (or i just dont get the messages).

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I had this happen to me on a 7105t to me before it became an epidemic. I was told to do the same thing but back then it only worked for a short time. I ended up upgrading to the Pearl and hadn't had any problems.

Now, this DOES NOT mean you should go out and get a new device every time this happens. Just try the above steps and reboot the BB either by taking the battery out and putting it back in or using the software called Soft Reset.