Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hiii i have a 8310... i have the red one from at&T butttt i unlocked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

liltina1088 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry curve 8310... AIM problem

Advertisement

hiii i have a 8310... i have the red one from at&T butttt i unlocked it cuz im a tmobile customer.. im trying to sign on aim but i cant seem too sign online.. everytime i try it stays at 20% and says communication error please try again and check your settings... ... i downlaod it for the fone the applications is called oz instant messenger .. it have like the 3 in one AIM, MSN and YaHOO... i was just wondering if ne one have ne ideas

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    go into options, advanced, TCP and set the apn to wap.voicestream or wap.voicestream.com, I'm not sure which is tmo's apn settings
    Leave the username and password blank.see if that helps.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I think OZIM is only for use on At&t (well not only, but I don't think it is supported by T-Mobile). You should also keep in mind that OZIM uses SMS to send and receive IMs, so if you don't have an unlimited text package, you may want to avoid it, even if you can get it to work.

That said, if you have a data plan, just use the real mobile AIM client. It is actually permitted by T-Mobile and won't waste your text messages, not to mention it works better from what I hear. I don't know where to get it though, so hopefully a nice T-Mobile user will wander in here and help you out.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The OZ IM cliets can be used with TMO.

Your issue is that you have an unlocked 8310. Since your vendor code is for AT&T they don't allow you to use it. There is a work around in the 3rd party applications forum under the stickies. Have a look in there. All you really need is the service books.

thank to every one that replyy..... nooww where do i lookk im new to diss

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    OZ Instant Messaging does not work on my phone given that AT&T is my provider. As a result, I'm using an app called Jivetalk. It's awesome! You do have to pay for it, but there is a 30 day trial. Go to http://www.beejive.com/

wait red doogg... i wat service boooks... im completely losttt i kno i seen it sum where i jus dont kno where to go

First of all, to check to see if you have service books, go to Options>Advanced Options>Service Book. You should be able to see all of your service books. To see whether or not your service books are active, you could run a diagnostics test on your bb. To do that, Options>Mobile Network>BB Button (the one with the dots)>Diagnostics Test>BB Button>Run.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    OZ Instant Messaging does not work on my phone given that AT&T is my provider. As a result, I'm using an app called Jivetalk. It's awesome! You do have to pay for it, but there is a 30 day trial. Go to http://www.beejive.com/
    That's strange. I too have At&t and I have OZIM installed and working just fine. It's the individual, dedicated IM apps that I can't get working.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Quote Originally Posted by liltina1088 View Post
    wait red doogg... i wat service boooks... im completely losttt i kno i seen it sum where i jus dont kno where to go
    No offense, but it sounds like you're going to need to learn more about how to work with the device before you start messing around with "intermediate/advanced" things like workarounds for apps not allowed by your carrier.

I would suggest you either spend time on these forums reading up on how to use your device to its maximum potential, or just pay a little extra for an app that will work with your phone no matter what carrier you have.

Go download JiveTalk and you won't have to figure out the rest of the stuff we're talking about. They have great support service, too, if you get stuck.

Welcome to the Stacks!
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

cymolia no está en línea Stack level 1
    Try jivetalk, IMplus or Ramble aim. Google anyone and u will find a link. Im using jivetalk as we speak. Best im app available on the market for the blackberrry.

cymolia no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcarbone View Post
    go into options, advanced, TCP and set the apn to wap.voicestream or wap.voicestream.com, I'm not sure which is tmo's apn settings
    Leave the username and password blank.see if that helps.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wap.voicestream.com would be the apn and username and pw are left blank. Do a battery pull after that and it should work for you

Quote Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
    That's strange. I too have At&t and I have OZIM installed and working just fine. It's the individual, dedicated IM apps that I can't get working.

Hmm, that is really strange. For like two months, I was im-less. Then, when I found out about Jivetalk, I was stoked.

and latufu.... NO offense i just got the damn fone... and im trying to learn about it now .. why the hell do you think im on dis forum u *** whole

digitaldevil no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    244c79bd
    Guy trys to give you advice and you call him names? Good luck getting more help.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast