Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not .37 that's slow, its your device, try deleting stuff you don't need.... BlackBerry Curve forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Advertisement

It's not .37 that's slow, its your device, try deleting stuff you don't need.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Working good for me...I suggest doing as others have noted and see what all you have on your device that may be slowing you down.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yep, that's correct after installing the 4.5.0.37 I had only 10MB free memory left. After deleting some themes and not needed stuff I hav now 20MB free and the BB runs as fast as before the update.

HTH
    Peter

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone with 37 had the problem of the device not remembering the icon positions so that every time I reboot I need to rearrange and rehide icons?

alxwang no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by klgmd View Post
    Has anyone with 37 had the problem of the device not remembering the icon positions so that every time I reboot I need to rearrange and rehide icons?
    Yes. I found out this problem too.

I don't believe your device can remember that after upgrading your operating system since those items (hidden groups/folders/etc) were created with the old o/s system and theme.

The same thing happens when you change themes whereas it does not 'remember' or keep your icon formatting in the new theme.

Sorry, but I think you are simply going to have to redo your grouping/hiding. I had the same issue but just accepted as one of the side effects. On a lighter note, I am loving this o/s.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    I don't believe your device can remember that after upgrading your operating system since those items (hidden groups/folders/etc) were created with the old o/s system and theme.

The same thing happens when you change themes whereas it does not 'remember' or keep your icon formatting in the new theme.

Sorry, but I think you are simply going to have to redo your grouping/hiding. I had the same issue but just accepted as one of the side effects. On a lighter note, I am loving this o/s.
    I don't think that's entirely true, if only when upgrading within the same numeric scheme, meaning a newer build of v4.2 for example.

I upgraded my Curve to the latest v4.2 release from Singapore and it remembered to hide all the icons I had previously hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    I don't think that's entirely true, if only when upgrading within the same numeric scheme, meaning a newer build of v4.2 for example.

I upgraded my Curve to the latest v4.2 release from Singapore and it remembered to hide all the icons I had previously hidden.

Hmmm, okay. Thanks for that. I was not aware of this. I simply made the assumption that it did that the same way it does when I have switched themes before. I do know that this happened when I upgraded o/s but I guess I don't have a valid explanation.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Could very well be that a jump from 4.2 to 4.5 would do that, though.

I did the DM invoked back-up, too which might explain why it remembered to hide those icons.

[IFC]Area51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alxwang View Post
    I just update my curve to 4.5.0.37
    from the link I got from homepage. Everything works but the device is so slow now. It took me almost 5 seconds to start a application.
    Is it just me or it is this slow?
    Thanks.
    Sorry to hear your system is slow but can you check for me if auto dim can be turned off? After it's off put it in direct light and see if the screen wont dim up. thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12