Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just update my curve to 4.5.0.37 from the link I got from homepage. Everything ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alxwang no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry Curve 8310 4.5.0.37 is so slow!!!

Advertisement

I just update my curve to 4.5.0.37
    from the link I got from homepage. Everything works but the device is so slow now. It took me almost 5 seconds to start a application.
    Is it just me or it is this slow?
    Thanks.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Run the memory cleaner and clear your event logs. Should help alot. Most upgrades are slow at first.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Its probably just you. I see now slowness whatsoever

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Its probably just you. I see now slowness whatsoever

HAHAHA...Damn RCS this is a first of a kind comment i have ever seen from you, "It's prolly just you". HAHA. Cant give a stacker some more advice or what?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Its RSC first of all...

You want advice fine do this..

I would download JL CMDR from the stacks do a complete wipe of your device this alone would leave it looking like the stages before OS loading from RIM
    ( Do a complete backup before this so you can restore your info later)

Then run your DM conneect via usb and upload your new OS after the installation has gone through. Run the setup wizard without setting up your email.. Trust me

Once that is one and done..restore your info from that backup I told you to create earlier..

Happy chknlomen

If that doesn't increase speed at all. then you probably have a crap load of apps and themes you probably dont need. remember this os doesn't make your BB into a BOLD..This just enhances many features!

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Oh Hey....my bad on the spelling of RSC, **** happens. And yes, now i am happy. You see, because i too, was once a stack level 1, with 1 post. And had i recieved a comment back like that from a stack level 4, with over 800 posts that couldnt even take 30 seconds to sway me in the direction of fixing my problem, i wouldve said screw pinstack and all their users...lucky for me, that wasnt the case.

I love pintsack and Everyone on here, ive actually even takin advice from you before. I wouldve helped this stacker if i had any advice for them, but i did not. But, now that he/she has been given some advice from a level 4, hopefully they can figure this issue out and remain a loyal stacker and continue to check the forums many many times a day for useful posts and trustworthy advice from fellow stackers like you RSC. Afterall,

"About Me:I live and breathe anything smartphone related so if you have questions then I have your answers"

No harm or bad blood intended in this post, i just wouldve been very frustrated had you answered my thread with a post like that on my very first post on pinstack ever. Sorry if i seem like a prick, again not my intentions. Hopefully that advice helps you though ALXWANG.
    Last edited by chknlomein; 06-12-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks for all you guys

I have quiet read for long time here. Most of time I can found out the solution myself by search. This is actually the first time I ask.
    I am following the suggestion from RSCStacker now...

I am so appreciated for the fast help!

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Hey we all have some "prick" moments try working face to face sales LOL...Then you would understand whwre I come from LOL..You get a lot of those days where you just want t jump over the counter and tsrangle the individual in front of you...But then you get those customers that just enjoy helping and would go beyond normal script of things.

I took no offense I understand

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Cool RSC, thanks for understanding and not slapping me in the mouth via pinstack. Youre a great stacker, i just thought we could help this stacker a little better. And face to face sales....DAMN all that.

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Any luck so far ALXWANG? hows it going?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Well imagine if I worked for the Postal Service...Id be one of the few that actually go "Postal" LOL

PIN/ID
    24646FEB
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Well imagine if I worked for the Postal Service...Id be one of the few that actually go "Postal" LOL
    HAHA, Word

scott0482 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i just went from an 8700c to an 8320... both at&t.. i think the curve is slower, and i really hate how for many of the things i do all the time, you have to select "full menu".. its like using vista, there's an extra step now to do something simple.

Thanks for all.
    I wipe off the phone and install the new OS. It works very good without any further update. But when I rollback my old backup it slow again. So I just forget about all my old software just restore the data then install some really useful software and now it works awesome!

It looks like not only software running will cause the BB slow but also the software installed. I do not understand why at all.

Also did anyone try the Document to go include in this OS? It is so slow. I just try to load a 300K doc with some small photo inside. It is slow.

bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0482 View Post
    i just went from an 8700c to an 8320... both at&t.. i think the curve is slower, and i really hate how for many of the things i do all the time, you have to select "full menu".. its like using vista, there's an extra step now to do something simple.
    i dont get it..my phone is fast! super fast. everything is better. did you clear out some themes and stuff that youreally dont need anymore? languages etc?
    "If You Don't Like Me Just Remember It's Mind Over Matter..I Don't Mind and You Dont Matter"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast