Hi Everyone, i just got some basic info from the company regarding the Curve. Just ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AC INKA no está en línea Stack level 3

Blackberry Curve

Hi Everyone, i just got some basic info from the company regarding the Curve. Just thought i'd share it with you folks.

p.s. i still love my 8100.

New BlackBerry Device Moves AT&T Customers Ahead of the Curve
    Smallest and lightest full QWERTY handset features enhanced multimedia capabilities AT&T and Research In Motion (RIM) introduced this week the BlackBerry Curve, the smallest and lightest full QWERTY BlackBerry handset. AT&T will be the first wireless carrier in North America to offer the device in wireless retail and business channels beginning Thursday, May 31.
    "The BlackBerry Curve has all of the qualities of a winner that will resonate with a broad segment of AT&T customers," said Kent Mathy, president of AT&T's Business Markets Group. "Business professionals and consumers alike will gravitate to its iconic look, industry-leading coverage both here in the U.S. and abroad, robust e-mail and Web browsing capabilities, and powerful entertainment offerings."
    Some features of the new BlackBerry Curve include:
    • The first BlackBerry handset with a 2 mega pixel camera, which also includes 5x digital zoom, built-in flash, self-portrait mirror and a full screen viewfinder.
    • The first BlackBerry handset to offer a built-in spell checker with user-customizable dictionary.
    • It's Push to Talk (PTT)-capable
    • A powerful new media manager application, which is included as part of the BlackBerry Desktop software. The Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry introduces a new level of simplicity, allowing users to easily search for media files on their computer, view and organize them; create MP3 music files from CDs; add audio tags; create playlists; and automatically copy or convert pictures, music and videos for optimal playback on the BlackBerry Curve.
    • AT&T Music, an integrated, on-the-go music experience that delivers "your music, your way" by providing simple access to a robust collection of music content, including access to online subscription music content from eMusic, XM Satellite Radio and more.
    • TeleNav Maps, a free mapping application that can help users find addresses and provide step-by-step directions with the ability to upgrade to TeleNav GPS Navigator.
    The BlackBerry Curve will be available for as low as $199.99 with a two-year contract and mail-in rebate beginning May 31 at our retail stores, online at, through select national retailers and various AT&T business channels.

BlackBerry Curve

Launch date

May 31, 2007

The BlackBerry Curve features a liquid silver finish, clean lines and soft edges. This is the smallest and lightest BlackBerry Smartphone ever to come with a QWERTY keyboard. It has many of the same great features as the 8800 model such as BlackBerry® Maps, a media player, Voice-Activated-Dialing, tethered modem and trackball navigation.

Quad-Band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS and EDGE networks

2-megapixel camera with digital zoom and a built-in flash.

Expandable memory

64MB of memory and an expandable memory via microSD card.

: The amount of storage is determined by the card capacity. (Up to 2GB SD card)

Enabled with Push-to-Talk which can be activated after PTT feature has been provisioned.

Size and weight

The following table describes the size and weight of the BlackBerry Curve:

Length 4.2"
    Width 2.4"
    Depth 0.6"
    Weight 3.9 oz.

Battery Life

Standby time: 408 hours (17 days)

Talk time: 240 minutes (4 hours) [/FONT]

Handheld and desktop software

The handheld software platform is currently and requires the installation of Desktop Manager 4.2 which comes packaged with the device or can be downloaded via

Last edited by AC INKA; 05-31-2007 at 08:45 AM.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PM - Ask

Re: Blackberry Curve

Thanks for the update

~via BB (

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional

Re: Blackberry Curve

We are ordering them tommorrow!! I can't wait!!!