Here in the UK if you take out a monthly contract on a BLACKBERRY you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ms_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25oc8a1c

Thumbs down Blackberry Browser-rip Off In Britain?

Advertisement

Here in the UK if you take out a monthly contract on a BLACKBERRY you have to pay a monthly line rental, nothing different so far. If you want to be able to use the normal everyday features like mms messages and the internet then you have to pay an extra monthly charge which is about as much as the line rental!!! other wise you get no browser feature and your mms wont work....ITS A JOKE!!! is this the same in the USA or is the name of RIP-OFF BRITIAN true?

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Re: Blackberry Browser-rip Off In Britain?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yup a little less expensive but we too must have a data plan.

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

For my blackberry I have a voice plan that runs at 50 bucks, and then to use all the blackberry features it cost me 40 bucks extra. That plan includes unlimited data and 1500 text messages. I am through ATT btw.

rashumon no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ actually, when it come to mobile phone charges I think we in the UK have it ok compared to our friends across the pond (yes I know its hard to believe since usually its the other way around ) especially if you're on O2 - a 12 month contract with loads of inclusive minutes will cost something like Ł30 month and the BB unlimited plan will be an extra 10 on top of that. This equals 80$ US which when you consider the fact our contracts are shorter than US ones and we normally get our devices for free while Americans normally pay around 100$, is not too shabby.
    Yes normally we get ripped off in this country and you will probably still be paying through the nose when using a BB on any other network other than O2 but at least on O2 we're ok... So Smile

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by ms_blackberry
    If you want to be able to use the normal everyday features like mms messages and the internet then you have to pay an extra monthly charge which is about as much as the line rental!!!
    Blackberry data service (required for internet on a BB) isn't a "normal everyday feature".

ms_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    25oc8a1c

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    Blackberry data service (required for internet on a BB) isn't a "normal everyday feature".

When you buy any other type of mobile you will find that you can use the internet without having to pay an extra monthly charge, thats what I ment.

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Arrow Re: Blackberry Browser-rip Off In Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by ms_blackberry
    When you buy any other type of mobile you will find that you can use the internet without having to pay an extra monthly charge, thats what I ment.
    Umm, not exactly true, at least not over here. It might depend on your provider, but voice and data plans are almost always separate expenses on your mobile bill here, unless you only pay for a voice plan, then pay-as-you-go for data. Paying for data usage by the kilobyte will cost you out the yang. Ok, I guess that DOES mean you can use the internet without a monthly data plan, but it will cost you dearly to do so.

BlackBerries were and are data devices FIRST, mobile phones second. Their primary functionality uses the data network, therefore you must have a dedicated data plan.