Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SO I just downloaded 'Opera Mini' and took it right back off. Are there any ... BlackBerry Curve forum

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Question Blackberry Browser or?

Advertisement

SO I just downloaded 'Opera Mini' and took it right back off. Are there any other browsers for BB?

What Browser are you using?

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    i think firefox is developing a bb browser do out in the near future....other than that nothing better than opera
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I like Opera & have used the various versions over the last year or so. That said, other than being different than the RIM browser, I fail to understand why people do not like it. I use it equally as much as Opera. They both have their pros & cons.

via: Red *8310* (wap.pinstack.com)~

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    Same here. I love both Opera and the BB browser. I use the BB browser for regular wap sites but use Opera for the sites where I really need to see its regular version.

At first I hated Opera coz I thought it was too complicated and harder to control but when I read the help section, everything made sense.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    I'm don't really surf with my bb, but when I do, I use blackberry browser.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I actually prefer the BB Browser. But if and when Mozilla comes out with a mobile Firefox, I'll be all over that.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Gotta agree sometimes you just need something with the functionality of the opera browser in order to access some sites out there on your blackberry. But I always facilitate the use of both.

thechadj no está en línea Stack level 4
    a firefox browser would be killer. The thing that drives me a little crazy about opera is the load time on the page and also I get a connection error sometimes when I am trying to load too! Seems pretty counter productive to me.
    P I N S T A C K E R F O R L I F E!

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I am interested to see what the Firefox mobile browser will be like.
    While I have used the PC version for quite some time on my laptop (read main computer).

Considering I upgrade to the latest ThinkPad annually, choosing the max available chip speed, ram, etc. The hit in speed that Firefox takes with each upgrade (due to it's demand for ram & disk access) is rather disappointing.

I'm hoping that Mozilla keeps speed in mind when choosing the final build of Firefox mobile.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    I like Opera & have used the various versions over the last year or so. That said, other than being different than the RIM browser, I fail to understand why people do not like it. I use it equally as much as Opera. They both have their pros & cons.

What you said!

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    I don't understand some peoples disdain with Opera Mini. It is awesome for seeing full webpages and anything that doesn't require a secure connection. I personally use the BlackBerry browser any time I am going to a WAP friendly site like this one, or if I need a secure connection. If I am going to a site that doesn't require a secure connection to log in, or doesn't translate well on a mobile browser, I use Opera Mini.

EDIT: I would also like to mention a small trick for using Opera Mini. As we all know, OM will occasionally hang up when trying to establish a connection, or process the new page. If the status bar on the bottom says connecting or processing for more than 5 or so seconds, you are probably experiencing one of these hangs. A quick and easy trick to get past this and speed up the experience is to hit menu > stop, then just click the link again and it should connect and load with no problems.
    Last edited by CrazEtooN; 04-10-2008 at 04:07 AM.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question

Quote Originally Posted by anaenima View Post
    Same here. I love both Opera and the BB browser. I use the BB browser for regular wap sites but use Opera for the sites where I really need to see its regular version.

At first I hated Opera coz I thought it was too complicated and harder to control but when I read the help section, everything made sense.

In the menu of the BB Browser there is an option for Desktop View, isn't that the same?
    Last edited by Dan Camacho; 04-10-2008 at 01:19 PM.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    No because there is no zooming out in the desktop view of the BB browser. It doesn't format the page so text aligns to your screen width either.

PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Sorry, I forgot about the "page overview" in the BB browser that allows you to zoom out on the page. Even with that feature however, it can't compare to the iPhone-esque view you get from Opera Mini.

benthabits no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Well, at least I know Im not alone... Im waiting for FireFox and dealing with the other two now... I put Opera back on.. but still havent used it.. Im just using the BB browser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast