Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unfortunately, I don't know how to take this thing apart it seems like there are ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JASKOx93 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Unfortunately, I don't know how to take this thing apart it seems like there are a whole bunch of wierd screw's.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to take this thing apart and the screws are really wierd I've never seen a screwdriver like it.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    They are Torx screws. I use a T6 screw driver, but I think T5 will work also.
    -Tim

where can I get those?
    Like at Walmart or Home Depot? etc.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I remember getting one at OSH, out of all places. Pretty sure you can get one at Walmart.. I went there at 4 in the morning the other day to get some paint and tools. We can rag on Walmart all we want, but if we need someone.. chances are they have it.

Ok back on topic, yes Walmart should have it, and Home Depot should DEFINITELY have it.

Here are some videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...sassembly&aq=f
    -Tim

jjspigland no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24337B15
    Jasko did you get this problem fixed? My 8320 started doing the exact freakin thing today!

Unfortunately, no

If ANYONE, ANYONE could help i'd be SO grateful!
    what should I do!?!?

rezzen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I am having the exact same problem that Jasco did with my 8320 curve. While I don't have an exact solution. I do have a workaround that isn't that pretty.

I talked with a tmobile rep (at a store) and he explained what the problem was and actually made sense out of it. What has happened is there is a connection inside of the 3.5" headphone jack that is "broken" when no headphones/headset are present. The OS on the blackberry then sends the audio out signal to the handset or speakerphone. When headphones are present, the connection is made and the audio out goes to the headset.

I'm not sure if I dropped my phone or got debris inside the headphone jack or whatever. The rep told me that the connection inside the jack was being made intermittenly or full time and that was the problem. I didn't try and go into the exact workings of the piece inside the phone because the rep probably would not have know and he had a line.

Like yourself, I can use the included headset just fine. However, I do hate being that guy who is always wearing the headset. I also found that if I put in a normal set of headphones with no microphone and battery pulled the phone, the audio out signal for calls would be defaulted to the handset and not the headphones. I am able to use the phone normally when I have normal headphones plugged into it. I know this isn't pretty but it works.

I haven't tried taking the phone apart yet to try and see if I can reset the connection inside of the headphone jack, but I will repost if I do.

Good Luck.
    Woot, I love this site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12