A bunch of our sales guys all have BLackberry Bold 8520 handsets - they all ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Benny_Lava no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Bluetooth Issue

Advertisement

A bunch of our sales guys all have BLackberry Bold 8520 handsets - they all use bluetooth car kits in their vehicles so that they can make/receive calls when driving. Nearly all of them have reported the same issue - if they are talking on the phone and a text message or email is received, they lose the incoming call briefly. For approx 5 seconds, they cannot hear the caller, (but the caller can hear them), after about 5 seconds, the call returns to normal.

At first I thought that this was an issue with the car kits, but we have numerous different kits fitted into numerous vehicles and lots of people have the exact same issue so it's unlikely that all of these kits have the same fault. (Likewise all of the models of car are different, so I doubt that is to blame).

I then thought that the model of the handset could be at fault - until I heard from some of our European sales guys who are having the same issues, they are mainly using the Blackberry Torch.

The issue is not just limited to car kits, it occurs when the users have bluetooth headsets connected too.

Has anyone out there had a similar issue? I'm really struggling to find a resolution here!

Any and all suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Benny

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Sorry Benny I have been searching but have not found a answer yet, still looking. So your calls aren't dropped just delay in talking while receiving messages or email? Am I correct here.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Yes that's right, the call itself is not dropped, but there is no sound for approx 5 seconds. There isn't a delay, the sound of the incoming call just 'cuts out' for approx 5 seconds

Hope this makes sense!

Benny

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Benny, have your guys try putting the phone in silent mode while connected to bluetooth. I've noticed a similar thing when listening to music, but if I have the device in vibrate, or silent mode it doesn't happen.

Silent Mode

Thanks RogerG - have got one user testing that out now, whilst messing about in the settings menus, another of the users found an option to "Disable Notifications" when connected to a car kit (apparently)

We're testing both options and I'll report back and let you guys know if this works or not!

Cheers

Benny

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yes, I think it's the notifications that are messing things up. Didn't know there was such a setting, so that sounds like it just might do the trick.