Hi experts, Need to check with you. Can my 8320 become a wifi router. I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

afoi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2545EF19

Blackberry As A Wifi Router

Advertisement

Hi experts,

Need to check with you. Can my 8320 become a wifi router. I'm using my carier's unlimited data pamn on my blackberry and i have another device without any data plan. Can my device take the internet connectivity via my Blackberry thru WiFi?

Kindly advice

DaCeige no está en línea Stack level 1

Question share the connection

Haven't tried this, but in theory, you could just share the connection on a xp or higher laptop.

In currently on 7 and haven't tethered my blackberry yet, but in theory this would work.

Of course, in linux, if you can figure out how to dialup using your BB, you should be able to figure it out.

XP and Higher
    -

1. Set up a new connection or network
    2. Setup a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network... make up the settings and remember these settings for the clients (WPA PSK - pre shared key) is the easiest.
    3. Tether the blackberry to your computer (and dialup using isp software or DUN)
    4. Look in you Network Connections
    5. Right-click the connection that you want to share, and then click Properties (there will be a dialup connection listed and connected, share that one)
    6. Click the Sharing tab, and then select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection check box.
    7. Join clients to the wireless you made in ad hoc wireless above.

DaCeige no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ahh... that device has integrated wifi... sorry, might have misunderstood the question.

brettxw no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by afoi View Post
    Hi experts,

Need to check with you. Can my 8320 become a wifi router. I'm using my carier's unlimited data pamn on my blackberry and i have another device without any data plan. Can my device take the internet connectivity via my Blackberry thru WiFi?

Kindly advice
    You can not turn your curve into a wireless router, no. You can use your wireless router for faster speeds on your curve, which is why it is "wifi capable".
    <-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
    BlackberryOS
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    Blackberry Storm 9530

Blackberry Curve 8520
    Blackberry Curve 8320

afoi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2545EF19
    ok..thanks for the reply