Need to check with you. Can my 8320 become a wifi router. I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum
Blackberry As A Wifi Router
Need to check with you. Can my 8320 become a wifi router. I'm using my carier's unlimited data pamn on my blackberry and i have another device without any data plan. Can my device take the internet connectivity via my Blackberry thru WiFi?
share the connection
Haven't tried this, but in theory, you could just share the connection on a xp or higher laptop.
In currently on 7 and haven't tethered my blackberry yet, but in theory this would work.
Of course, in linux, if you can figure out how to dialup using your BB, you should be able to figure it out.
XP and Higher
- Set up a new connection or network
- Setup a wireless ad hoc (computer-to-computer) network... make up the settings and remember these settings for the clients (WPA PSK - pre shared key) is the easiest.
- Tether the blackberry to your computer (and dialup using isp software or DUN)
- Look in you Network Connections
- Right-click the connection that you want to share, and then click Properties (there will be a dialup connection listed and connected, share that one)
- Click the Sharing tab, and then select the Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection check box.
- Join clients to the wireless you made in ad hoc wireless above.
Ahh... that device has integrated wifi... sorry, might have misunderstood the question.
You can not turn your curve into a wireless router, no. You can use your wireless router for faster speeds on your curve, which is why it is "wifi capable".
Originally Posted by afoi
Blackberry Tour 9630
Blackberry Storm 9530
Blackberry Curve 8520
Blackberry Curve 8320
Tags for this Thread