okay i have a 8310 bb. can i receive ringtones & pictures? cause when my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

xmissconnie no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry & sending ringtones?

Advertisement

okay i have a 8310 bb.

can i receive ringtones & pictures?
    cause when my friend just sent a ringtone i didnt get it, does it take awhile since no 3G?

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Do you have a messaging plan? You need to have a messaging plan from your carrier to receive MMS (pictures, ringtones).

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    i have 8330 and i get pics ringtones all the time, you should be able too as well

xmissconnie no está en línea Stack level 2
    yes i have unlimited txtnig, but when my friend spent me an ringtone! it woouldnt work. saying ... component too large..

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Oh okay then. Well the file your friend was sending you, is it an actually ringtone? Or some music file such as an mp3 that he is using as one? Its important because actual ringtones are very very small in size, and most mp3s and such are usually larger than 1 megabyte. I don't know the exact limit but mms messaging has a very small attachment limit.

ZeroXR no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2451FA7D
    Quote Originally Posted by xmissconnie View Post
    yes i have unlimited txtnig, but when my friend spent me an ringtone! it woouldnt work. saying ... component too large..
    Do you also have unlimited data AND text or just unlimited data? Cause you can send/recieve ringtones via MMS only if you have Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) on your cell phone, but if you don't have BIS... you can't send or receive ringtones.

Dedda55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey< i'm a newbie.... i can't receive ringtones via bluetooth from friends.....i have unlimited data and a certain amount of text. Any thoughts??

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Dedda55, To use bluetooth you must be with in so many feet of your friend, and you have to set up your phones to pair and trust each other, then set one phone to recieve and then tell the other phone to send.

Bluetooth setup can all be found from the bluetooth icon on your app screen.

Detailed instructions can be found here http://forums.pinstack.com/f112/transfer_file_using_bluetooth_two_blackberry_pearl-14130/

Bluetooth has nothing to do with text or data plans
    Last edited by rashard; 02-18-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Dedda55 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks, Rashard.....the link you provided gave me the missing info i needed. I didn't know about going to media/ringtones/menu/receive using blue tooth!!! That should do the tricK!!