Hello, I need help with blackberry 9000. My question is, is it possible to receive ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gustheman no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Blackberry 9000 on T-mobile prepaid.

Advertisement

Hello, I need help with blackberry 9000. My question is, is it possible to receive MMS on this phone with T-mobile prepaid plan. Can anybody please help me to configure this setting if possible?

If you purchased the phone off the shelf as part of the pre-paid plan, yes (contact Tmo to get instructions); if you have a pre-paid SIM but the Bold came from somewhere else, no. However, you can purchase a monthly plan through T-Mobile (voice only) and send/receive MMS on your 9000 if you want.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    yes you can, make sure you go to options, advanced options, tcp/ip and set either epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com as your apn leave password and username blank, then call tmobile and let em know you are using a non tmobile device, and they will guide you trough the rest of the process, i had done it before....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

Gustheman no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 9000 on T-mobile prepaid

Thanks for the answers. I have tried calling T-mobile consumer service/tech support for my prepaid data plan but nothing seems to be working from all of their support. We did all kind of troubleshooting to get the data working on my blackberry 9000 and/or blackberry 8900(from T-mobile) but it kept showing edge instead of EDGE because according them my blackberry wasn't provision to use the data service. Even one of the representatives told me that it is not possible to send mms on the blackberry phone with prepaid data service. is this all normal? if so, then what is the point buying the data prepaid data plan? Any help will be appreciated.