Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by tkao2025 I've thought about leaving t-mobile also, but the fact I pay ... BlackBerry Curve forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    I've thought about leaving t-mobile also, but the fact I pay $19.99 BB plan that also let's me use other devices without having to pay extra data fees is a hard one to overlook. If I went to AT&T, I would have to pay BB and if I switched to another phone would have to pony up more money for data.

I have no problems with T-mobile....it's the lack of 3G devices that gets to me and I don't know if they will ever be able to convince RIM or any other company to include a 1700 band on all their devices.
    Speaking from first hand experience with the Bold on AT&T and my Curve 8320 on T-Mobile, I can say that the speed difference with 3G is very minimal, and not worth changing carriers. It's important to note, that it's only with the BB platform, as my other 3G phones on AT&T are a lot faster. I'm sure that RIM will address this sometime in then next year or so, as they do tend to be very slow to embrace change. So for now, I would not be too disappointed in T-Mobile. Your low priced BB plan is quite valuable, and switching carriers is a hassle and expensive. Perhaps a year from now it might be worth it, but I cannot endorse it at this point. Not for a BlackBerry anyway.

dphorgan no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Actually the theory is quite accurate. Verizon got the Storm, because they paid the most money to RIM. AT&T evaluated the Storm, and decided that they would rather watch how it does once released to the public since it was RIM's first attempt a touch screen.

AT&T is brilliant at choosing the phones they carry. And while they may not always have what each of us wants, they do have the most variety of any other carrier. They are also the best capitalized of all, which will serve them well in these turbulent times. That translates into a company that also benefits the consumer as they will not be operating under duress from being under funded, under experienced, and struggling. At the end of the day, of the three carriers I use, (AT&T, T-Mobile, VZW) if I had to choose just one, it's AT&T hands down.
    Very true and whoever pays the most and wants the most gets em first. Capitalism at its best.

tkao2025 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I agree with you Archer....I'm definitely not thinking of switching but it does seem like a lot of people are angry with T-mo and rightly so. I for one just bought an unlocked bold to hold me over till the Javelin comes out. I don't surf the web much with my phone, so having edge is fine with me.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    I almost bought an unlocked bold, and seriously considering the flip phone but I so need a full keyboard. I just think tmo is taking too long leaving its customers in suspense knowing att and verizon recently released some nice bb's. I know they dont think the flip phone is the competitor here.

Quote Originally Posted by tkao2025 View Post
    I agree with you Archer....I'm definitely not thinking of switching but it does seem like a lot of people are angry with T-mo and rightly so. I for one just bought an unlocked bold to hold me over till the Javelin comes out. I don't surf the web much with my phone, so having edge is fine with me.
    Here's my take on others "anger". Far too many people are too quick to judge. Too negative. And have no clue just what's involved in this super competitive cut throat industry. T-Mobile is relatively new in the USA. All the elements are in place and they will continue to progress. When AT&T shunned Wi-Fi, T-Mobile was embracing it. While not important to some, it's mission critical for me. I use Wi-Fi, everywhere, everyday.. period. I have a wireless network at home, at the office, and I frequent Starbucks to meet clients, or for a beverage and to work uninterupted on my laptop. It's in the hotels I stay in and many airports. So for me Wi-Fi is a way of life. Anyway, just one example of what's NOT wrong with T-Mobile.

Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by ocanyc View Post
    I almost bought an unlocked bold, and seriously considering the flip phone but I so need a full keyboard. I just think tmo is taking too long leaving its customers in suspense knowing att and verizon recently released some nice bb's. I know they dont think the flip phone is the competitor here.
    All the carriers leave the customer in suspense. A little patience will go a long ways, as I know for fact that T-Mobile has some nice BlackBerry's coming it's way in the next few months.

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4
    All the carriers leave the customer in suspense. A little patience will go a long ways, as I know for fact that T-Mobile has some nice BlackBerry's coming it's way in the next few months.
    Thats a pretty BOLD statement, no pun intended

Nice play on words...

KaraBear no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any idea when it might be released by AT&T?

Thanks Kara
    It was looking like December Archer, but it may have changed to April/May '09.

Quote Originally Posted by dphorgan View Post
    There is a problem with that theory. If that where true and it goes by BB sales and say AT&T does sell the most. How come Verizon got the Storm first when there was a GSM 3G version available? 9500/9530. Oh I forgot, T-Mobile in the US got the 8220 first, not AT&T. Correct me please if im wrong on my theory.
    Theres no saying AT&T sells the most BlackBerry's, they do, it's fact. Second, AT&T didn't want the Pearl Flip. Second, the Bold was made especially for AT&T, the Storm was always meant to go to Vodafone and Verizon. AT&T will get it's own version. But surely AT&T wouldn't want the overlap of the Bold and Storm within 2 months of each other? Bad business.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    April or May is a real downer for those of us who don't want the 88xx / Bold form factor or keyboard.

Its been a while since there were any new Pearl or Curve devices. The natives are getting restless!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Helmdawg no está en línea Stack level 2
    [QUOTE=KaraBear;978751]It was looking like December Archer, but it may have changed to April/May '09.

I assume (which I shouldn't) Tmo will get this before April/May then?

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    The natives are getting restless!!!
    I agree, and I attribute it to RIM having too many new phones in development concurrently. A very frustrating state of affairs.
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Damn, so when the 8900 DOES drop on AT&T, it'll be likely that I'll have to choose between it and the Storm too...jeeeez.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    Damn, so when the 8900 DOES drop on AT&T, it'll be likely that I'll have to choose between it and the Storm too...jeeeez.
    Ahhh yes, decisions, decisions...
    Sent via Curve 8310
    the BlackBerry that just works!

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    by the time we get a new device they are coming up with a new one.....how to keep up
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast