Just got the holster in today, and thought i share a couple pictures.... BlackBerry Curve forum

TheRealJDM no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8900 OEM Holster

Advertisement

Just got the holster in today, and thought i share a couple pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (134.1 KB, 113 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (154.9 KB, 108 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (160.0 KB, 103 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (121.5 KB, 107 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (144.5 KB, 93 views)
    PIN: 24A5F8AB | Twitter: TheRealJDM

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yep exact same as the 95xx holster.
    On the box of my 95xx holster it said for Blackberry Storm 9500, 9530 and Curve 8900 and yes it is OEM.
    Did it say the same for you ?

Compatible with: RIM Blackberry 8900
    It didint state anything else
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dynamiks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2421890A
    Hey where did you get it?

I actually want the OEM horizontal holster. I like it better than the vertical one.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Thanks for sharing. The holster looks kind of bulky, especially when the device is in there.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. The holster looks kind of bulky, especially when the device is in there.
    it does the job really well if you need a holster.

I think its pretty small, same size as the curve, but I think better looking lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    From looking at the 3rd and 4th pictures, the holster case looks wide and almost too roomy. Shouldn't a holster case give the device a snug fit, thus cutting down on some of the bulk? It is a nice looking holster case though.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    From looking at the 3rd and 4th pictures, the holster case looks wide and almost too roomy. Shouldn't a holster case give the device a snug fit, thus cutting down on some of the bulk? It is a nice looking holster case though.
    I think the ones with a beltclip are a little bigger (can you take the beltclip off?). The ones that are open on the top (no beltclip) are tighter. What I wonder is whether the old RIM Curve pouch will fit the 8900. Does anyone know? What I think is that the one shown in this thread is a lot better than the ones that come with the phone. My wife's Curve pouch is pleather and not nearly as nice as the ones I bought for my Pearl. Now that we know that the OEM pleather pouch drains the battery in many cases it's time to get a real leather case, don't you think?
    Last edited by TheBigNewt; 01-21-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigNewt View Post
    I think the ones with a beltclip are a little bigger (can you take the beltclip off?). The ones that are open on the top (no beltclip) are tighter. What I wonder is whether the old RIM Curve pouch will fit the 8900. Does anyone know? What I think is that the one shown in this thread is a lot better than the ones that come with the phone. My wife's Curve pouch is pleather and not nearly as nice as the ones I bought for my Pearl. Now that we know that the OEM pleather pouch drains the battery in many cases it's time to get a real leather case, don't you think?

You can't take the belt clip off, I took a picture of both of them side by side so you can compare it. They both are same size, just one with a belt clip and a flap. The pocket pouch just has a little cut at the top like a "u" and the holster top is just flat straight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PIN: 24A5F8AB | Twitter: TheRealJDM

jgreg no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have used a GizmoSkin case with my Pearl for over 2 years. It works great and is extremely well made. Getting ready to order a new one for my new 8900.
    http://www.gizmoskin.com/index.php?c...ubcategory=129

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69
    so will this case put the 8900 in sleep mode like all the rest of the OEM holsters? and from my understanding is that the OEM 8300 holster won't put the handset to sleep mode if you put the 8900 correct?

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealJDM View Post
    You can't take the belt clip off, I took a picture of both of them side by side so you can compare it. They both are same size, just one with a belt clip and a flap. The pocket pouch just has a little cut at the top like a "u" and the holster top is just flat straight.
    Thanks for those pix. I can tell that when it comes to these you get what you pay for. I got my wife a cheapo ($5 shipped on ebay) "leather RIM pouch". Not. It's probably an OEM pleather job and compared to my real leather RIM pearl pouches it blows. It does not break in and hold its shape on the sides, it wants to flatten out all the time. I wonder if the real Curve pouches will work with the 8900. I'll try my wife's when I get mine, but I'll buy from the dealer, not fleabay.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.