Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I waited so long for the Bold, and ended up returning it. I always disliked ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I waited so long for the Bold, and ended up returning it. I always disliked the fact that it was a larger device, and later realized it was just too expensive for something I wasn't totally happy with. Don't get me wrong, the Bold is awesome, but I think I will by happier with the new curve. The only thing I am not sure of is whether or not it will have 3G, and I hope it does. As far as my concerns go, 3G is the only leg-up the Bold has on the 8900.

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guys, we already know the 8900 doesn't have 3G. It's been out for T-mobile for a while and had no 3G. I don't expect that to change.

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by gorcorps View Post
    Guys, we already know the 8900 doesn't have 3G. It's been out for T-mobile for a while and had no 3G. I don't expect that to change.
    That's why I refer to it as the "new Curve" for AT&T. I am hoping they will just pass on the 8900 and skip right to the 3G version (probably 9300).

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Skier87 View Post
    That's why I refer to it as the "new Curve" for AT&T. I am hoping they will just pass on the 8900 and skip right to the 3G version (probably 9300).
    If and when they do, it won't be called the 8900. All BlackBerry 3G designated phones will begin with 9XXX.
    Nokia N900 32GB [Unlocked]
    ----------------------------------------
    Version: [PR 1.3] 20.2010.36-2

Flash Memory: A-Data 16GB SDHC CL6-Turbo
    Overclocked @1Ghz

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't know. Maybe I'm lame but I found very little difference between EDGE and 3G. Besides that, I usually am on UMA when I'm at home and many other places I frequent so it really makes little difference to me.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    But AT&T doesn't have UMA that I am aware of, so it might make a difference for us... I have never used the Bold so I don't know.

I just purchased an unlocked 8900, couldn't wait any more (Bold way too big, I really didn't want to leave the 81xx/8220 size). :-) But if AT&T comes out with a 3G version, I will use my upgrade to get it.

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    a local att rep told me that 8900 was coming to his store mid april. they had a redesigned display planogram for blackberries to be put out then.

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    Contract is up in may and one of the att reps told me 2nd Q! Could it b e fate???? Let's hope that the timing is just right!!!!

And as for the 3G also was not impressed. The wifi for me is what is most important. And for the extra $10 for 3G is definitely not worth it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jzarowitz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    NexsOne
    Quote Originally Posted by dres79 View Post
    And as for the 3G also was not impressed. The wifi for me is what is most important. And for the extra $10 for 3G is definitely not worth it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ive found the 3G to be such a great performance feature that i dont use wifi anymore. i really wouldnt care if about wifi if they took it away.

dhoffay no está en línea Stack level 2
    I just bought an unlocked TMO 8900 a couple of weeks ago also. I am an AT&Ter also and am a little dissapointed that I can't get GPS (for some reason), nor can I download slacker or Apocrates (medical program). But I did talk to my local AT&T rep (who seems to be a techie guru) and he said that Q3 the phone will probably be coming out and that it will have 3G. It will be called the 9220!

JZAR- I just downloaded (last night) the app you are talking about. Its called Iberry. It's pretty cool. Here's the website to download from, if you're interested!?

http://********.com/forum/blackberry...ve-8900-a.html

Iguess that didn't work. I'll try again.

http://********.com/forum/blackberry...ve-8900-a.html

Well, I guess no luck w/ pasting the html. Go to ********.com, then click on the blackberry themes at the top of the page. Next, click the BB curve 8900 themes then the free iberry today plus theme. Just follow the instructions and then vuala!! You should be all set from there.

ant808 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24b16175
    8900 tmo best bb ever i love it

blackman711 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Just looking for some objective answers. I have an 8320 I bought on T-Mobile and I use on AT&T. What reasons are there for me to wait for an AT&T release of the 8900 rather than buy an unlocked T-Mobile 8900? Or should I just go for the unlocked? I'd like to hear the opinions either way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast