i'm currently trying the 8520 (only have seen this one as well) the touch pad ... BlackBerry Curve forum

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Question Blackberry 8520 touchpad issues

Advertisement

i'm currently trying the 8520 (only have seen this one as well) the touch pad BARELY works, when it works. i managed to get into the options menu to try and adjust the sensitivity but there was no option for this under screen/keyboard. i'm assuming that i just have a bad test phone but has anyone who has tested this phone had any issues similar? or what were your experiances? the only thing i can say is that the charging port is back in the right spot! the top left of the device is much better than bottom right like on my 8900

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    i'm currently trying the 8520 (only have seen this one as well) the touch pad BARELY works, when it works. i managed to get into the options menu to try and adjust the sensitivity but there was no option for this under screen/keyboard. i'm assuming that i just have a bad test phone but has anyone who has tested this phone had any issues similar? or what were your experiences? the only thing i can say is that the charging port is back in the right spot! the top left of the device is much better than bottom right like on my 8900
    This a non released device, that being said I highly doubt that someone would help you on this issue, even when there are some people testing it.

I would recommend to contact the person who provided you with the phone and ask for his/her assistance on that matter
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    really i already know the answer, RIM wouldn't have even made a test model of this if it didn't work so mine is just a flawed model. i was just hoping maybe that since even i am able to test this that someone else could confirm that the track pad is sweet like i can imagine. hopefully someone that has the ability to test sweet phones would lend a hand here i know i would

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by devilsadidas View Post
    really i already know the answer, RIM wouldn't have even made a test model of this if it didn't work so mine is just a flawed model. i was just hoping maybe that since even i am able to test this that someone else could confirm that the track pad is sweet like i can imagine. hopefully someone that has the ability to test sweet phones would lend a hand here i know i would
    ^^^that being said i have nothing to say, just take a look under my username....
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

thomson78 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi,

I recently bought blackberry curve 8520 mobile phone and it's touch pad is working properly, try to reset your mobile setting from control section, I hope you will get solution.

xxmrbluntsxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23551C46
    The track pad is sweet beyond words had an 8320 curve with the track ball and its a night and say difference..

Tadao no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8520 Curve Touchpad Issues

Had the same pesky freezing touchpad that was driving me crazy and finally found a fixed that actually works for me. This may work for you also.
    Open the rear cover and remove the battery and sim car. There's a small rectangular stainless steel metal plate which is the cover for the touchpad. On the left area of this this plate next to the sim card is a tiny white soft piece of sticky paper covering a torx screw that holds the plate in place.

Use a torx screwdriver with a T5 size bit and carefully remove the screw, remove the metal plate then reinsert it and replace and tighten the torx screw. I found that my screw was loose and the plate may not have been secured in place properly.This may solve your problem for good. My problem as well as many others could be a loose torx screw which prevents the touchpad or optical pad from making the necessary full contact with the inside of this cover.
    Be careful not lose the very tiny torx screw while working on it. You can get a very inexpensive torx screwdriver with a set of miniature bits for around 5 or 6 dollars. Make sure there is a T5 bit in the set.

(Note) A temporary fix is putting firm pressure on the metal plate cover with your finger which does work for a while but the freezing always returns. Also, another fix recommended by some posters is to remove and reinstall the Blackberry sotware but this is also not a reliable fix. and very time consuming. The only real fix is to follow the above procedure as long as your touchpad is not physically defective and needs replacement.

gsm1999 no está en línea Stack level 1

8520 Trackpad Not working

You may have to open and replace the trackpad.. If it does not work then the chip that controls that data needs to be reflowed or replaced by a technician.

There are several ways your trackpad will stop working;
    1. Corrosion
    2. Phone flexing.. What's this? People having there phone in there pockets constantly applying pressure and bending the phone.
    3. Incorrect firmware flashing
    4. System connector has cold solder
    5. Micro chip that controls the trackpad has cold solder

How to fix this PRB?
    1. Flash your phone till you have no choice to take it to a tech..
    2. Replace the trackpad
    3. Qualified Technician must Reflow the system connector or the Chip

Water damage phones don't apply.. your screwed. sorry.. Corrosion is a cancer to phones. It always comes back... It's only a Temp fix..

I made a easy schematic of the trackpad connector pinouts..

SAY Thanks.... Ciao I hope it helps you...

Attached Images Attached Images