I have a TELUS Blackberry 8330 and my GPS does not work unless i buy ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Blackberry 8330 GPS

Advertisement

I have a TELUS Blackberry 8330 and my GPS does not work unless i buy the telus navigator which i do not want to do! So i was talking a RIM rep and he said that the reason the GPS is like that is because telus did not add the PDE (i dunno what that it) which apparently is some kind of server ip which allows the blackberry to connect to the nearest satellites or something like that and the only way to get the GPS to work is buy installing the telus naviagtor. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with getting their blackberry's gps to work properly on a telus blackberry 8330 and if so PLEASE HELP!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck
    im sorry to hear that. I have sprint and gps works out the box. With whatever app i choose to run with it..

Flash865 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Verizon cripple the GPS so that they can gouge customers with their own pay GPS service. I purchased a Freedom 2000 gps "puck" for mine and it works very well.

pshift no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yup. I have the 'locked GPS' feature on my 8330 from VZW. Just use a BT puck and it works fine. I use a Holux GPSlim 240 with no problems whatsoever.

aubeone no está en línea Stack level 1
    I too have a Telus Curve 8330 and the GPS works flawlessly...are you sure you have the gps enabled in the Options/Advanced/GPS menu? Make sure you have location set to ON.