Hi all, I'm trying to get IM working on my BB 8320. My windows live ... BlackBerry Curve forum

strain15 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8320 with no data plan but using WIFI

Advertisement

Hi all, I'm trying to get IM working on my BB 8320. My windows live messenger works fine. However my Yahoo messenger and google talk dont work. Yahoo messenger tells me I don't have the service books. I've checked and I'm pretty sure I have the service books for all of them.

Also, I installed google maps. It worked fine for a few minutes. After that it dont wanna load any maps. Just have a 0kb loading on the top right corner.

I'm on Tmobile and have no data plan. All of this is just goin through wifi in my house. I can browse the internet with no problem using wifi.

Please help me out.

Re: Blackberry 8320 with no data plan but using WIFI

Also, I did register now in the HRT. Still, that don't solve the IM problems. I have blackberry feature enabler on.

supamansimon no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304feb1f

hmmm im not sure why that is exactly, with sort of the same problem your having i was going through it too, my phone was off for a dayt so i was using wifi too, and i was only able to do certain things with my phone, i could browse too but only certain pages and actually none of of my messengers were working. I even notice now i have to use my data plan to access certain things if i use wifi they wont work for me.

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

I am pretty certain that to have all functionality on there, you have to have the data plan. Its only 20 bucks which is way cheap and has unlimited use. But yeah just using wifi things will be sporadic with what works and what wont.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

I'm surprised you have gotten that much working. to my knowledge, you need a data plan in order to get half of that stuff working. I never have tested first hand since I always had a BIS plan from day one.

What got me goin was my brother and I got the same phone. However, he got all features enabled for some reason without data plan. He done it all through wifi. I am 100% sure we do not have data plan. Now I got googlemaps working again, seems like a glitch in the software. Right now I doubt you need to have a data plan for these functions.

I looked online and someone said the same too. He had everything working without a data plan. He just used WIFI. Of course he couldnt setup blackberry messenger.

Is it true that every Windows live messenger message sent and received is charged by tmobile if you do not have the unlimited text plan? I thought it should be free through wifi?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

If it is text message based it will not use the data stream, it uses SMS which is a phone function. Therefore it will be charging for each message. Be careful of what you do if you don't have unlimited texting.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Raphaelgbr no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm havign a problem liek this too, except it proceeds this. I cant get my 8320 to connect to my home wifi or any wifi, it can find them and tries to connect but tells me it fails, I assume its cause i didnt buy t-mobiles router or im not in a hotspot but i was under the impression that using your wifi didnt go through tmobile it was just hooking your device to your internet...