Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Originally Posted by rdills I agree with you on that! But the G1 is fun ... BlackBerry Curve forum

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    I agree with you on that! But the G1 is fun & creative isnt it! I still use my curve for the reason you stated.
    for sure, it's sweet, and i think that after the new year, the apps will only get better. at launch it had apps that blackberry users wish they would get, so that does say something. battery life is not that great, but nothing a car charger or usb charger can't help with. android is pretty awesome.

i just rely on email way too much, and blackberry does it right.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well Said aldie!

A shame some people would talk down about an obviously great FIRST effort like the G1 & Android. Blackberry is the standard imo, so they don't have to do that! BB has been rock solid for years. So they shouldn't feel threatened by this phone or the iphone. The Bold is prob the best right now for me, just wish it was on TMO. But the others will provide nice competition, which will keep RIM on their toes.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Well Said aldie!

A shame some people would talk down about an obviously great FIRST effort like the G1 & Android. Blackberry is the standard imo, so they don't have to do that! BB has been rock solid for years. So they shouldn't feel threatened by this phone or the iphone. The Bold is prob the best right now for me, just wish it was on TMO. But the others will provide nice competition, which will keep RIM on their toes.
    Thanks!!

like i tell people, RIM put a phone on an email device, and everyone else put email on a phone.

playing with the G1 for the last couple of months I saw what great apps are capable on handsets. I just wish blackberry devs had more freedom with software....but then again, i know NOTHING about developing, so take that for what it's worth!! haha.

priest_spy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A5F6DD
    I myself still vote for 8320 and 8900. I don't like G1 design.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Ok....my G1 just took controll of my pc! This feels so perfect! An app called Gmote! my pc moniter is my 42" screen and i controll every function remotely with the G1! OMG! the touchscreen works as the mouse & the keyboard works as....well...the keyboard!!!!! Also, stream all the music on that pc to the G1! not 1 hiccup or pause! This is alien tech!lol Truly awesome though! thats just 1 dang app! I may never turn my curve on again! jk. Now only if the aliens can help with the battery!lol update will for sure. This phone is hot!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

s2kneSs no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Souns like an aswesome app there,if I could do such a thing on my curve that would be great! But I'm very satisfied with my curve until I get my hands on the 8900 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rdomin no está en línea Stack level 1
    what is the difference between blackberry internet plan and the g1 internet plan, beside the 6 dollar difference

definition1900 no está en línea Stack level 1
    The camera on the G1 takes fantastic photos! Good quality!

happily using http://messagecenter.com for email services
    Last edited by definition1900; 04-22-2009 at 12:17 PM.

bluewolf2177 no está en línea Stack level 1
    My mom wanted the g-1. So i took her 8320 and i used my upgrade for her. She has the phone for three weeks and hates it. She is now going back to a bb.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
    yea...I went to my local T-MO store and the owner had a G1 and man is that thing f'n awesome!!! He is actually the guy who got me to buy a Blackberry in the first place. He said that he has had a BB since they came out and never would have thought he would ever have anything but a BB until the G1 came out. Just in the 10 minutes I had with the phone, it is very easy to use. It is as fluid as the iphone, but you can actually type with it being that it has the full qwerty keyboard. Also, you can use the trackball for more precise clicking on websites. The browser honestly looks like you PC and it is the real internet. He's trying to see if he can get me one for the discounted new contract price of only $180. As much as I love my BB Curve, the G1 is as bad as they get.

On a side note, he told me 2 things about the phone; one good, one bad. he said the battery life sucks terribly. But he said that the G1 is the first phone that is open to all developers and not specific to only RIM applications or mac apps or something to that extent. Basically, there will be more applications for this phone in a few weeks than the iphone and BB combined.

If he can get it for me for under $250 I will for sure be buying one.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

yump0p no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    my sister has the g1 and i have the curve i love it too

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i love my bb 8320 if i could afford the g1 bb would be history the bb has nothing on any android sys.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.15655/1006; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Icompleatly agree the g1 is miles ahead of the blackberry
    Any bb but im stuck with the bb for now not a bad phone by any means just can't see why ppl love the bb so much it seems to have more problems than any smart phone I know of. I loved my tmo shadow that was a bad *** phone winmo is cool to I think its time try out the g1 or any of android phones it could possibly the perfect os.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234